Who we are
Founded in 1988, The Association of Scottish Visitor Attractions (ASVA) is the representative body for the Visitor Attractions Sector in Scotland. With over 240 organisations in membership, representing almost 500 individual sites all across the country, ASVA connects the attractions sector together, providing advice, information, statistics, networking and training to help drive forward quality within the industry and support our members in their aspirations.
Our mission statement
Our mission statement is ‘To support and inspire Scottish visitor attractions to deliver sustainable world class experiences’.
We do this by:
- Providing members with exclusive ASVA passcards to facilitate benchmarking and networking opportunities
- Providing bespoke training and events tailored to the needs of the attractions sector
- Promoting and sharing both national and international best practice through our events and conference programmes
- Representing the interests of the attractions sector with government bodies and other national agencies to ensure that the views of our members are considered in all major matters of policy
- Producing detailed Visitor Attraction specific trends information and statistics reports
Self-funded by way of membership subscriptions and other commercial activities, we receive no public funding, ensuring that we exist solely to meet the needs of our members. With over 30 years’ experience of working with and for the attractions sector, we have built up a range of services that offers real, tangible membership benefits.
ASVA is a company limited by guarantee, managed by an Executive Team and a Board of Directors. The Board is responsible for the governance of ASVA, helping to set the strategic direction of the organisation and ensuring the activities undertaken are underpinned by its mission statement. Members of both the ASVA Team and Board draw upon years of experience within the tourism sector – from customer service and management to managing national strategy and policy – all adding valuable insights for our members and helping to make Scotland’s visitor attractions the envy of the world.