As we find ourselves once again in lockdown with the ongoing challenges that this presents, creating online opportunities is becoming a topic of increasing relevance and importance, both in terms of the potential of creating additional revenue and also with a view to maintaining engagement. ASVA is keen to support members by helping stimulate ideas and discussion about what online experiences could be possible within the sector.
To facilitate this, the February Members Meet up featured case studies from members who have created and run such events, including The Real Mary King’s Close, Mercat Tours and The Scotch Whisky Experience. They shared insights including:
• what was involved in creating and setting up their events
• how the experiences were facilitated, including any logistical and technical challenges faced
• what investment was required
• key learnings from these innovative projects
• feedback received from ‘virtual visitors’ that took part
This is essential viewing for any members planning or in the process of delivering online events.
First Broadcast 4.2.21