In partnership with Anderson Strathern, this webinar focussed on ‘Understanding Health and Safety at Visitor Attractions’, looking at the essential things that operators must be aware of, to ensure legal compliance and the provision of a safe environment for both staff and visitors.
Anderson Strathern is a full-service Scottish law firm, with offices in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Haddington and also in Shetland. They provide a complete range of specialist legal services, with clients including many public, private and charity sector bodies active in Scotland’s tourism and hospitality industry.
Designed for attraction operators with a responsibility for health and safety management at their attraction, the webinar provided valuable insights into:
- The importance of H&S for visitor attractions;
- Who is responsible for managing H&S at attractions;
- H&S policies – what businesses must legally have in place and best practice on what they should have in place;
- How to manage and reduce risks, following the HSE advice of ‘Plan, Do, Check, Act’ and what this might look like in practice;
- When an investigation is required and how to manage this.
It was delivered by James McMillan, a Director with Anderson Strathern. James has responsibility for heading up the Corporate Crime, Regulatory and Investigations team, and has over ten years’ experience focused on regulatory compliance, investigations and disputes, risk management, crisis management, sanctions, trade and customs, public policy, corporate governance and due diligence. He was therefore expertly placed to provide our members with a comprehensive overview of the legal requirements of health and safety management for visitor attractions.