We are seeking to appoint an experienced Facilities Manager – Electrical & Security Systems to look after the existing electrical, security and fire alarm systems and to lead the electrical and security systems improvement projects.
This role reports into the Head of Estates which is part of the Chief Operating Office Leadership Team.
The Chief Operating Office includes our entire Operations team, consisting of Health & Safety, Security and Visitor Services (SVS), Procurement and Legal, working together with our Finance, Information Technology, Human Resources and Estates Teams.
We work together and collaborate across NGS and with external partners to ensure our collection is safe and secure, to deliver operational services that improve our visitor experience and to ensure NGS is a great place for us all to work.
This is an exciting time for the Chief Operating Office within NGS as we continue to develop and implement our 5 year improvement plans, plan to open the newly established gallery spaces at the Scottish National Gallery and input to the development of the major new collection facility at Granton – The Art Works (TAW).
The main responsibilities of this role will be
• to monitor, maintain and manage the electrical installations, fire alarm, CCTV and security systems, to ensure there is no impact on business continuity of our galleries, for our colleagues and visitors
• to appoint and work with specialist consultants to develop a full fire and security systems review of our existing estate, to be able to make recommendations on the sequence of activities to feed into our 5-year Capital Investment programme.
• to appoint and manage a series of contractors to prioritise and implement the sequence of improvement projects that become approved within the 5 Year Capital Investment Programme
• to manage ongoing maintenance and improvement projects identified by the Head of Estates
• to keep up to date as installed services drawings
• to ensure maintenance works and estates capital projects are carried out within full compliance of robust processes to ensure the fire integrity, safety of our staff and environmental conditions for our collection are maintained throughout
• to appoint and manage the building service contract for our heritage buildings
• to manage the planned preventive maintenance and replacement plan for our electrical and security installations
• to work with the Scottish National Gallery Project Manager to prepare to take on the security and electoral systems operations management when the building is handed over in early 2022