Ian Macleod Distillers Ltd… ‘An international, entrepreneurial, brand-led, successful and respected, family business’
We are Ian Macleod Distillers and ‘Crafting Spirits with Passion’ is what we do best… We all have stories. They make us who we are. They are our past, our present and our future. Ours humbly begins over 80 years ago with family and follows generations of passion for crafting quality spirits. It is one steeped in traditional but unafraid of evolution. You may not know it yet, but you are part of our story… we hope to become part of yours. We thrive in a constantly evolving, exciting and passionate environment, driven by both individual and team successes. Providing the platform for personal growth, we enable you to really make your mark as a core part of our family.
As a family owned company, we are strong believers in looking after our people. After all, everyone should have a workplace that they can call home. It’s where passion and quality reside… we’re always focussed on the highest levels of quality and service in everything we do, without compromise. At the heart of our brands, products and experiences are our people – it’s our people who make all of the magic happen!
We currently have an exciting opportunity for fun, energetic and enthusiastic individuals to join our family as one of our prestigious Edinburgh Gin Retail Ambassadors. As a Retail Ambassador, you will be a true advocate of Edinburgh Gin, delivering great customer service within a range of central Edinburgh locations.
We’re looking for …
– Charismatic individuals with outgoing personalities
– Real passion for both our product and providing excellent customer service in a retail setting and at consumer events.
– Confident public speakers as the role will involve you professionally bringing to life our products
– Flexible working attitude – we have retail premises in central Edinburgh but you will also be required at another central Edinburgh location for event work
– Flexibility to support the events team and representing our brand at various event activities both on and off site
– Previous retail experience is highly desirable including excellent customer service, cash handling, maintaining store presentation, cleanliness and merchandise displays, whilst adhering to all health and safety measures
We currently have 2 opportunities available to join our Distillery Ambassador Retail team, with various working hours available. The working pattern however is non-fixed, flexible hours and will include weekend and occasional evening work.
The contracts are offered on a fixed term basis until 31st December 2021 however, there may be opportunity for us to extend contracts depending on business needs.
A real living wage employer, Edinburgh Gin is part of Ian Macleod Distillers, an entrepreneurial, family owned whisky and spirits business who own other premium and luxury brands such as Glengoyne, Tamdhu, Smokehead, to name but a few! ‘Crafting Spirits With Passion’ is what we do best. We are looking for a unique group of people with individual personalities, backgrounds, perspectives, and skills to apply. We are an equal opportunities employer, however unfortunately due to the age of the premises the distillery is not wheelchair accessible.
Our Distillery Ambassador role is a varied and rewarding role so… if this type of role excites you then we’d love to hear from you!
To apply, visit www.ianmacleod.com/careers, search vacancies and click the Apply Now button to create an account with us and register your interest in the position. We are looking for you to complete the following, all of which can be submitted through our recruitment portal
1. answers the key questions we have for you
2. submit a copy of your CV (MS Office or PDF)
3. provide us with a creative and tailored cover letter outlining your fit for the role (MS Office or PDF)
As part of your application, please advise us which contract you are applying for (i.e. full or part time), or if you are willing to be considered for any of our opportunities.
Please note, this is an open application window therefore we may close the advert at any point depending on the candidate applications received so our recommendation is that you apply early to ensure you don’t miss out!
Proudly supporting the #OpenToWork movement.
Ian Macleod Distillers (IMD) are proud members of the Scotch Whisky Association, Drink Aware and the Portman Group. In our individual IMD way, we endeavour to follow best practice to help shape our commitment to wider social responsibility and industry standards. We are advocates of promoting responsible selling and consumption of alcohol.
**No Agency Contact**