Purpose of the role
To assist the chef in the day-to-day management of the food &beverage offer at Threave Garden to ensure that all targets are met and all visitors receive the highest level of visitor experience standards.
• Contribute to food production as per the Menu Cycle/Specification and event Food Production (corporate, hospitality, meetings etc)
• Keeping up to date HACCP, COSHH checklists and temperature sheets.
• Ensure high Standards of Kitchen Hygiene, Cleanliness, Tidiness and related Schedules
• Use fresh Produce and Ingredients whenever and where ever is possible and minimise wastage.
• Maintain a high standard of Food Presentation to the Customer
• Share in the common responsibility of implementing the Trust’s “Health & Safety Policy”, being mindful at all times of the health and safety of self, staff, volunteers, and visitors.
• Share in the common responsibility of working in a manner mindful of the Trust’s obligations to minimise impact on the environment, through e.g. efficient use of water/heat/light, recycling and the disposal of waste, considered use of transport
• Help to reduce occurrences where Health or Safety of yourself and other employees may be put in jeopardy
• Adherence to the COSHH Training provided and control of substances covered by COSHH
• Involvement in the upkeep and maintenance of both the entire department site and, specifically, the Catering Outlets
• Assist with daily cleaning and pot wash duties
SCOPE OF ROLE
The post holder will be based at the Terrace Cafe but may also be expected to work in the Stables Café, Threave House and at special events/functions when required.
• The Post Holder does not direct line manage any team
• Not a budget holder but responsible for the day-to-day management of stock
Skills, experience & knowledge
• Experience working in a similar, quick service, environment and delivering the best visitor service
• Practical experience of food preparation and service
• Previous experience working in a team
• Ability to follow instruction and work independently off own initiative
• Skill in establishing priorities and managing workload
• Keen interest in food
• Awareness of what the National Trust for Scotland sets out to achieve
• High standard of presentation and service (experience an advantage)
The Key Responsibilities, and Skills, Experience & Knowledge reflect the requirements of the job at the time of issue. The Trust reserves the right to amend these with appropriate consultation and/or request the post-holder to undertake any activities that it believes to be reasonable within the broad scope of the job or his/her general abilities.