3 x Visitor Experience Duty Managers
Our company values are at the foundation of everything we do.
We focus on products that we love.
We keep our conscience clear.
We achieve everything as a team.
We deal with the difficult stuff first.
We spend our money on the right things.
We invite our friends to parties.
2022 was a very exciting (and busy) year at Muckle Brig as we finally opened our new Lind & Lime Gin distillery on Coburg Street. This greatly enhanced our production capacity for gin, but also provided us with a superb new brand home where we now welcome visitors for weekly tours.
Moving forward, the Port of Leith Distillery will open in summer 2023. Here we intend to make a remarkable new single malt Scotch whisky and become a major new tourism landmark in Edinburgh.
We’re building Scotland’s first vertical distillery in Edinburgh’s historic whisky district of Leith. Our tour will take in 6 levels of our incredible new building with views spanning across the Firth of Forth, Leith, and back up across Edinburgh, a spectacular Quality Control Tasting Lab, 4 levels for vertical whisky production and our stunning Lexco Retail area on Level 6. We want to make this one of the most exciting whisky tours, anywhere.
That’s where you come in.
We’re looking for passionate, super friendly, outgoing and enthusiastic Duty Managers with excellent multi-tasking skills to join our whisky, gin and people-loving Visitor Experience Team.
As a Muckle Brig Duty Manager you will be the face of our Distilleries, ensuring excellent customer service all day, every day. You will be able to lead successful teams and deliver a seamless service for our guests and other teams across Muckle Brig.
Muckle Brig is a fun, fast-paced, diverse environment to work in. Excellent communication skills are paramount to a successful day. Your skills, enthusiasm and diplomacy will shine through for our guests and your colleagues within the distillery.
• Ensuring excellence in daily operations for all Visitor Experience activities including tours, private and trade visits, events, and retail.
• Supporting the Head of Visitor Experience to ensure the effective and progressive running of the Visitor Experience Team
• Being the main contact for daily operations providing support and assistance to all guests and Muckle Brig teams
• Team management including performance review, recruitment and HR
• Ensure staff deliver and comply with Muckle Brig policies and administration requirements including financial, HR, absence, IT, Health and Safety and Data Protection policies
• Rostering large teams, leading various front of house sectors
• Coordinate daily activity, creating a culture of excellence and an environment that inspires and motivates the VE Teams to deliver exceptional visitor experience.
• Set clear goals, targets and performance objectives for the team, monitoring and proactively managing performance on a regular basis
• Produce training and development plans for your teams to a build successful, progressive environment
• Monitoring maintenance and cleanliness of the site ensuring standards are met, escalating issues as required
• Autonomy to proactively anticipate guests needs and create service solutions.
• Liaise with colleagues across the site to ensure excellent communication regarding bookings and visitor operations.
• Supporting customer facing activity as required, including tours, tastings and Front of House Welcome
• Managing visitor flow throughout the building, ensuring a warm welcome, clear guidance on navigating the distilleries, and safe onward journey
• Ensuring email enquiries, customer feedback, reviews and complaints are administered quickly and professionally
• Work with our Senior Operations Manager to ensure a safe and healthy working environment
• Act as Fire Marshal and responsible person in the event of emergencies and absence of senior colleagues.
• You will be required to undertake such additional duties for the Company as the Company may reasonably require
• Following company sustainability policies and working to the Green Tourism Business Scheme (GTBS) protocols, with direction from the company GTBS associate.
• You may be required to work at other Muckle Brig locations when appropriate
Skills & Experience:
If you have strong management experience within a high-end visitor experience or hospitality business where world class service is a minimum expectation, this position is for you. We need inspirational leaders who empower their teams to work together in a positive and enthusiastic way. You will have the ability to develop, support, train and encourage your teams to strive for the best and ensure that Muckle Brig is set up for success.
• Experience delivering exceptional, 5-star visitor service
• Experience working in a 5-star visitor attraction, tourism or hospitality setting
• Experience managing teams across multiple disciplines in a supervisory role
• Excellent time management skills
• Experience presenting to groups or all sizes and abilities
• Strong communications and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work with colleagues to deliver a seamless service
• A drive for ongoing improvement with attention to detail
• Experienced user of Mac and other IT software
• Happy to present to groups, large and small
• Positive, can-do attitude
• Knowledge of whisky and gin production processes
• Ability in a foreign language
• Events management
SALARY & BENEFITS
• Up to £32,000 per annum dependent on experience
• Company discretionary annual bonus scheme.
• 20 days holidays per year + public holidays.
• Employee discount scheme.
• Employee cask programme, share trust and bonus incentives.
• Full training given with CPD opportunities ongoing
This job description is indicative of the nature and level of responsibility associated with the job. It is not exhaustive and there may be a requirement to undertake other duties as required
To apply please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Application Deadline: Friday 23/06/2023