Organisation: Blair Drummond Safari Park
Salary: £40,000- £45,000
Location: Blair Drummond Safari Park, Near Stirling
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic, high-achieving individual to take on a wide range of responsibilities. The role covers all aspects of financial and management accounting across a diverse set of businesses including a growing Farm Shop & Café; Caravan Park with glamping; and Estate operations (sawmill, forestry, fishing and tenancies)
Key areas of responsibility
• Nominal Ledger management – including regular bank and credit card receipt
reconciliations; maintaining fixed asset records; processing periodic stock
valuations, pre-payments and accruals; ensuring accurate coding of all transactions
to meet management, tax and statutory needs.
• Revenue, Sales & Debtor management – including processing regular revenue
journals based on EPOS and online sales systems; ensuring VAT is correctly applied
on products; raising ad hoc invoices; and following up on any outstanding debt.
• Preparation of VAT returns for review and approval.
• Reporting – providing Managers with financial information to assist with efficient
and effective operation of their departments; and assisting Managers & the Head of
Finance with budgeting and planning.
• Preparation of monthly accounts pack for review.
• Controls, Processes and Procedures – ensure efficient & effective accounting
processes and procedures are in place, making optimum use of software
functionality. In some areas this will require pro-active re-design of existing
• Work with the Head of Finance to ensure legislative & regulatory compliance all
across all aspects of the businesses.
• The successful candidate will be ACCA, ACA or CIMA qualified and will have strong
practical accounting and payroll experience.
• Have a minimum of 2 years post qualified experience in a commercial role or seeking
a move into a commercial role from an accountancy practice.
• Flexible, proactive, excellent attention to detail; good verbal & written
• Strong computer literacy – ideally with experience of Sage50, , EPOS systems (EPOS
Bureau), online sales systems (GemaPark/Shopify); Time Management systems (Rota
• Hospitality and Retail experience highly beneficial
Application Deadline: Wednesday 01/02/2023