Organisation: Newbattle Abbey
Salary: £22,595 pro rata
Location: Newbattle Abbey College, Dalkeith, Midlothian,
Newbattle Abbey College offers adults of all ages the opportunity to enjoy a high quality learning experience within an historic heritage site. We are a residential college and our motto is ‘Sero Sed Serio’ (Late but in Earnest). This describes our students, most of whom are over 18 years of age, who are returning to education after varied life experiences. We also work with young people at points of transition in school or in the community.
Newbattle Abbey College has an exciting opportunity for the right person with an interest in furthering or developing their career in event management. This is a maternity cover for six months, and will give the successful candidate a broad range of experience.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties and responsibilities are intended to give a broad indication of the variety of tasks the post holder may be asked to undertake. The job description may also be amended to take account of changed circumstances.
1. To co-ordinate events, including weddings, conferences, meetings, external study groups and international residential bookings to ensure clients are given the necessary support to enable the event to run smoothly and according to plan.
2. To deal with all appropriate correspondence and contractual arrangements, both internal and external, relating to bookings.
3. To be the first point of contact for all event enquiries for both internal and external bookings, ensuring good and efficient Customer Relationship Management.
4. To negotiate conference and event fees with guidance from the Director of Operations and Business Development when appropriate, and to liaise with Finance to ensure advance deposits and invoicing of bookings.
5. To develop standard formats to enable customer expectations to be met cost effectively from initial enquiry to exit interview.
6. To oversee the internal room and residential room bookings, developing and maintaining systems that are efficient and fully utilise all college facilities.
7. To develop and maintain a customer evaluation system to inform the improvement and development of services.
8. To support the marketing and communication activities of the college in relation to event management.
9. To maintain and develop client databases to allow effective marketing initiatives.
10. To support college staff in the co-ordination of internal events as requested, including advice and assistance with any necessary organisation.
11. To attend relevant internal Committees and meetings, and represent the college at external meetings of the event sector when appropriate.
12. To provide support for external events as required, which may necessitate some evening and weekend working.
13. To undertake some administrative duties, including reception cover as necessary, and any other relevant duties as requested by the Director of Operations & Business Development.
14. To adopt flexible working methods to meet the changing needs of the college.
15. To develop and maintain high quality standards appropriate to the post.
16. To develop and maintain professional standards and expertise by undertaking relevant professional development.
17. To promote and comply with legislation including Health and Safety, Equalities and Inclusion, General Data Protection Regulation, Prevent and Safeguarding
18. To behave at all times in line with our college values and behaviours.
19. To comply with College Policies and Procedures relating to Staff and Students.
For more information visit our website https://www.nac.ac.uk/work-for-us/
Closing date is: Tuesday 11th July at 12pm.
Interviews to be held on: Tuesday 18th & Wednesday 19th July at Newbattle Abbey College.
Application Deadline: Tuesday 11/07/2023