Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £43,911 - £48,620 pro-rata, per annum
Location: EH11 4DF
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
A senior management role responsible for leading the IT Application support requirements for the National Trust for Scotland. The core responsibility of this role is to lead virtual functional teams, system analysts and 3rd party partners to enable the delivery of application change and to ensure that service support and service delivery processes are in place for the effective support of key enterprise SAAS solution’s – ERP, CRM & HR systems. Be accountable for the quality of IT services and use excellent communication and influencing skills to drive internal, outsourced, and third-party service partners to deliver high performant and cost-efficient solutions.
1. Responsible for all application management across the NTS estate, with particular focus on Microsoft Dynamics 365 Operations – Finance Operations, Customer Engagement and HR applications.
2. To support the introduction of new applications, new capabilities, and updates across 365 Operations, Microsoft Power Platform and HR solutions.
3. Responsible for ensuring all SAAS applications are delivered to business needs and service levels.
4. Responsible for the Microsoft Dynamics estate and the delivery of business change and system enhancements.
5. To own and develop the strategy and approach for application testing across the Trust.
6. To develop the capability to monitor and report on KPI’s and SLA’s and make recommendations for improvements.
7. To work with 3rd Party partners to ensure services are delivered in-line with agreed service levels.
8. To ensure that the appropriate IT Management processes are in place for application support, they are documented, followed, and reviewed.
9. Work with 3rd party partners to perform software upgrades to an agreed schedule avoiding usage of EOL products.
10. Enable process improvement and future system design through the development of clear working practices for requirements gathering and solution scoping.
The current duties of this job do require a criminal record (Basic/Non-Updated Disclosure Scotland) check to be carried out.
SCOPE OF ROLE
It is anticipated that this role will have future people management responsibilities pending the appointment of a Technology Director and the outcome of discussions on the permanent structure of the ICT department.
Management responsibility for overseeing operational and capex budgets for Applications and the creation of business cases to support and justify major investments as required.
Skills, experience, and knowledge:
The above outlines the key skills the job holder will need to possess and exercise. In addition, either knowledge of or experience in the following is required:
• A proven background IT Application management.
• The candidate will be expected to demonstrate extensive expertise for both Microsoft CRM & ERP application support, development, testing and project delivery.
• Experience of testing and deploying Microsoft Cloud upgrades.
• Excellent technical understanding of Microsoft Dynamics Cloud Finance & Operations, Customer Engagement and Business Intelligence Modules.
• Experience of managing outsourced application support services, contractors, and 3rd party providers.
• Excellent stakeholder management, influencing and negotiation skills.
• Excellent planning and organisational skills with experience of working in an agile environment
• Strong communication skills both combined with the ability to write clear & concise interpretations of complex sets of data.
• Excellent self-motivation and interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop relationships across professional and organisational boundaries and encourage participation and knowledge sharing with other stakeholders.
• Must be comfortable working closely with all levels of staff members and senior management.
• Experience of maintaining application support documentation
• Has a “get on and get the job done” attitude
• Familiarity with GDPR data protection & regulations
• ITIL Foundation and/or other Project Management Qualification
• Knowledge of EPoS systems
• Knowledge of business change methods and techniques
• Experience of transition projects with a “DevOps” approach
The Key Responsibilities, Scope of Job, and Required Qualifications, Skills, Experience & Knowledge reflect the requirements of the job at the time of issue. The Trust reserves the right to amend these with appropriate consultation and/or request the post-holder to undertake any activities that it believes to be reasonable within the broad scope of the job or his/her general abilities.
Interested applicants should forward their CVs to Josh Ryder at Head Resourcing at the following address: email@example.com by COB 3rd March 2023
Application Deadline: Friday 03/03/2023