Organisation: Historic Environment Scotland
Salary: £21,452 - £22,272 per annum pro rata
Location: Central Stores Depot, Stirling
This is a fixed term contract for four years.
As a Trainee you will be given the chance to develop expertise & knowledge through on the job assessment and attendance at college to study the theory relating to joinery. With the right combination of theory and practice you should gain a nationally recognised high-level qualification, a SVQ Carpentry and Joinery (Construction) SCQF level 6.
Your duties will include:-
* To assist with joinery works on the full range of our properties/buildings.
* To assist with maintenance, repair & manufacture of various timber based
* To assist & undertake joinery work associated with new construction work.
* To construct cupboards, seating, shelving, fencing, formwork or any of a number of
different items required to operate or present our properties.
* To obtain certified training & other work-related qualifications i.e. erecting mobile
scaffolding, first aid and MEWP training.
* To assist in the promotion of traditional methods of conservation and joinery
techniques to carry out challenging and diverse conservation projects/works.
For further information about the role please refer to the job description on our website.
Application Deadline: Wednesday 08/11/2023