Assistant AV Technical Manager
Organisation: Dynamic Earth
Salary: Salary £27,000--£29,000 depending on experience
Location: Holyrood Road, Edinburgh
Dynamic Earth is the UK’s leading Earth science engagement charity and a unique visitor attraction promoting earth sciences. The Technical Team provide essential services to maintain excellent standards of presentation within the Dynamic Earth galleries as well as providing professional AV services to clients holding a range of events within the centre. Operating out of our office-come-workshop, we are a friendly team who can work under pressure when needed to run and maintain Dynamic Earth’s immersive visitor attraction and deliver AV for conference and banqueting events.
With preferably two years’ experience in a supervisory role, the ideal candidate must have a willingness to learn and adapt to operating the bespoke AV within the Dynamic Earth science centre and visitor attraction, with excellent knowledge in the following areas:
• PA systems and mixing desks.
• Microphones and wireless systems.
• Projectors and video distribution.
• Video conferencing.
• Lighting and DMX systems.
• Mac and Windows operating systems.
• PCs and IT networking.
• Experience working with external contractors.
• The ability to communicate clearly and knowledge of Microsoft 365 is also a must.
• HNC or equivalent in AV Technology advantageous but not essential.
• IPAF, PASMA and IOSH certification beneficial to the role.
Deputising for the Technical Manager in providing technical support to the two main areas of Technical activity within the organisation: AV support for conferencing and banqueting, running and maintaining the exhibition with fault finding, problem solving and repairs:
• Assist the Technical Manager in all aspects of managing the small Technical Team.
• Work effectively with other departments to deliver effective internal and external customer
• Start up and shut down of visitor attraction galleries.
• Set up and operate AV for corporate events.
• Fault find and resolve any technical failures within the exhibition and during corporate
• Preventative maintenance and testing.
• Attend event client meetings alongside event organisers.
• Provide technical support across the organisation to staff and external clients.
• Assist in the day-to-day operation of the building and respond to any technical failures.
• Maintain and service technical equipment and tools.
• Training and development of other members of staff, when required
• Any other ad hoc tasks as requested by your departmental manager.
• Evening and weekend work will be required.
PACKAGE & BENEFITS
• Salary £27,000–£29,000 depending on experience
• 34 days annual leave (which includes 9 bank holidays)
• Complimentary entry to Dynamic Earth for family and friends
• Free staff car-parking
• 25% Discount in the Gift Shop
• Subsidised meals from the Cafe
• Free entry to ASVA member Visitor attractions (subject to conditions)
• Limited Gym Membership at MacDonald Holyrood Hotel (subject to conditions)
• Staff Canteen (complimentary tea & coffee)
• Staff Values Award – High street vouchers
• Matched company pension contribution of 5%
• Confidential advice-line through our Employee Assistance Programme
• Life Assurance cover of 4 times annual salary
• Up to 3 years Critical Illness cover
CLOSING DATE: Friday 9th June 2023
Application Deadline: Friday 09/06/2023