Assistant Compliance Manager
Assistant Compliance Manager
Dalwhinnie Visitor Centre
Permanent – Full Time
Closing date – 21st January 2024
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the full Brand Home operations which include; experience, retail, F&B and ensuring compliance. You will be expected to run overall operations, leading by example, and prioritising time on the shop floor. Leading the team to deliver world class service.
This role will require weekend, evening and on-call work, with opening and closing responsibilities. The post-holder will be based within 30 minutes from the Visitor Centre for on-call purposes.
• Duty Management for Brand Home and distillery operations as required (full training provided)
• Lead and drive the risk compliance agenda across the Brand Home/s, lead and advocate good governance to ensure that all health, safety, and environment targets are met by driving site compliance with all legislation and internal Company Standards.
• To ensure zero additional costs to site through non-compliance, and (in line with Diageo’s code of conduct) to source the most financially viable option when identifying suppliers of materials/training.
• Managing all contractor administration and management on site Inc. Supplier tendering, contractor inductions & scheduling of works. Support with assessing suitability of Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS). Challenging where submitted RAMS had not met Diageo standards.
• Using bespoke systems including SAP, Entropy, EQMS & Enablon to record data and source vital information.
• Onsite point of contact with operations team, attend Distillery risk and PCC meetings as required,
• Responsible for carrying our task based risk assessments, and creating and reviewing work instructions
Qualifications and experience required:
• 3+ years’ experience in a compliance function within hospitality, food & beverage, retail, spirits/wine and/or a relevant industry
• 2+ years’ experience in a management/leadership/supervisory role
• Knowledge of Whisky is desirable
• Be familiar with sales protocols and customer service procedures
• Experience of contract and facilities management
• Strong understanding of Health and Safety
• Possesses or willing to work towards achieving NEBOSH and all internal health and safety training
• Be guided by a customer-first attitude ability to understand and interpret consumer insights
• Must be analytical, and possess good knowledge of budgeting processes and performance indicators management
• Strong desire to learn more about the whisky story, brand, and its characteristics
• Must be flexible with work schedule including weekends, holidays, and evenings
This is a chance to be involved in an ambitious and truly one-of-a-kind team where our aim is to create remarkable and unforgettable experiences across each and every one of our venues across Scotland. Our Malt Brand Homes will take visitors on an immersive, multi-sensory journey through the flavours of Scotland, sharing our love for Scotch with a new generation of whisky drinkers. Visitors will lose themselves in the journey whisky-making in our experiences and make purchases from our fantastic retail offerings. We want our guests to embrace every minute with us and feel the same way we do about our heritage. Being part of Diageo means being a torchbearer for our brands and making them even better for the next generation. It’s a career-defining responsibility. If you have a genuine passion for our craft, our character and our products, help us continue the story and build a great career in the process.
Dalwhinnie is an iconic visitor centre providing extraordinary visitor experiences to all our visitors from around the globe. We captivate and educate our guests whilst leading them throughout our full-sensory interactive tour and tasting experiences. Our people are making history every day and act as true ambassadors for this inspiring brand.
Feel inspired? Then we may have the opportunity for you.
Create a future worth celebrating with us!
Application Deadline: Sunday 21/01/2024