Assistant Events Manager
Organisation: Conifox Adventure Park
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 DOE
Location: Kirkliston, Edinburgh
Conifox is a family-owned business situated on the outskirts of Kirkliston. We operate a large outdoor Adventure Park and a newly completed indoor Activity Centre. Our Adventure Park opened in 2015 and offers a great space for families to enjoy, with picnic benches, BBQ and lots of fun activities to explore, from crazy foot-golf to go-carts, bouncing pillow to sandpit. There is something for everyone to experience. The Activity Centre boasts a large adventure play frame, a toddler play frame, a toddler role-play town, 3 party rooms, a 200-capacity function suite and a 400-seater café selling the best freshly prepared food.
There are facilities for large-scale events, which can cater for up to 4000 visitors. Complete with this £2million investment, Conifox is set to become a destination venue for events and recreational activities both locally and across Scotland.
We are currently building an Events Team to deliver our new events strategy, creating high-quality experience for all the family. The Assistant Events Manager will play a vital role in assisting in the planning and delivery of this strategy. They will oversee a high performing team and ensure the delivery of commercially successful, safe and enjoyable events.
If you would like to work in a stunning rural setting and make the lifestyle choice to join a rapidly growing family business with all the inherent dynamics of a small team, we want to hear from you!
Duties & Responsibilities
- To directly assist the Event Manager with the implementation of the event strategy
- To manage events operationally to ensure exceptional levels of service are achieved.
- Coordinate daily event service operations
- To implement and monitor service standards, standard operating procedures, and all housekeeping during events
- To establish a visible and accessible management profile in order to foster good relations and to provide support, advice and assistance to all staff and visitors
- Manage, coach, and motivate events staff
- To liaise with the wider Conifox Adventure Park Team, ensuring the smooth operation of all events
- Support the correct administration of events and liaise with various internal department
- Attending operational meetings as required
- To assist where necessary with response to customer enquiries
- To understand and have a working knowledge of all current Health and Safety legislation and Licensing regulations
- Undertaking and documenting risk assessments for events, ensuring risk assessments are distributed to required department procedures
- Carry out any other duties as directed by the Events Manager
- Degree in a relevant subject
- 2 years plus experience of managing events
- Experience of working flexibly within a team
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills (including the ability to work well with staff at all organisational levels)
- Highly organised and detail oriented with demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and projects, and to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Results oriented: target and deadline driven
- Good computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrable knowledge and interest in the tourism and events sector
- A good working knowledge of event licencing and health and safety
- Applicants must be able to work flexibly over weekends, evenings, and school holidays
For more information and to apply, please contact Deborah Gammell at Deborah@conifox.co.uk
Application Deadline: Thursday 31/03/2022