Organisation: The Chocolatarium
The Chocolatarium is looking for an Assistant Manager.
The Chocolatarium is one of Edinburgh’s newest visitor attractions. Having opened in September 2019, we are currently #11 of things to do in Edinburgh with 98% of visitors giving a 5-star review.
If you are a hard-working, organised, pro-active and friendly person looking for a new challenge, this could be the right opportunity for you.
This is a full-time role, working 37.5 hours per week. Your hours are likely to include some weekend and evening hours.
The business is a chocolate-themed visitor attraction and gift shop located in Edinburgh’s historic old town. You will report to the Business Owner, who is responsible for the overall commercial success of the business. You will be their biggest support, and be responsible for running the operational aspects of both the in-house tours and the attached gift shop.
Your duties may include:
– guiding tours
– serving customers in the gift shop
– managing tour bookings
– answering emails and managing group bookings
– monitoring and maintaining shop inventory
– ordering supplies and products
– maintaining the presentation of the shop and tour to the highest standards
– suggesting and implementing strategies to attract customers
– working with social media
– suggesting and implementing improvements to the tour or developing new tour ideas
– suggesting, designing, introducing and developing new products for the shop
– handling complaints from customers
– assisting in the recruitment of guides
– supervising, training and supporting guiding staff
– planning staff rotas
– ensuring all employees adhere to company’s policies and guidelines
The training process will involve getting to know, and becoming an expert in chocolate! This aspect of your training will be ongoing. It’s ok if you are lactose intollerant or vegan, but you must like chocolate.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The ideal candidate will be an efficient, hardworking and warm person who will confidently support the team to nurture an enjoyable and supportive working environment and an unforgettable experience for visitors.
– a brilliant tour guide with a proven track record of consistent 5-star reviews
– adaptability and flexibility. We are a relatively new company and this is an essential mindset
– a passion and enthusiasm for providing an unforgettable visitor experience
– a wish to work full-time
– sales experience
– the ability to manage staff
– passion and enthusiasm for chocolate
– a positive, can-do attitude
– a well-presented appearance
– a second language
– experience with social media
– teaching or training experience
– knowledge of chocolate and the chocolate industry
If you are looking for a new challenge and feel you have the right skills, experience and character for the job, then we’d love to hear from you!
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please keep your cover email short but let us know:
– your availability for interview over the coming days
– your earliest start date. (We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible but there can be some flexibility for the right candidate).
– any initial questions you have
Please send your application in asap!
Application Deadline: Friday 18/06/2021