Booking Office Manager
Organisation: Waverley Excursions
Salary: £22,000 - £25,000 dependent on experience
Job Opportunity to join the Waverley Team
Waverley Excursions Ltd., which proudly operates Paddle Steamer Waverley, is seeking to appoint a Booking Office Manager to oversee the company’s booking office, develop group and private hire business, and, in particular, to deliver a high standard of customer service.
The Booking Office Manager will work closely with the Customer and Onboard Services Manager to ensure the smooth operation of the passenger business. The successful applicant will have customer service experience.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to gain wider experience. You should be well organised, have good people skills, be flexible with an ability to rise to the challenge when the unexpected happens.
This position is based in Glasgow though attendance on board Waverley will be required. This is a unique role working with the dedicated team who manage and operate Waverley. Everyone in the team helps in whatever capacity necessary to ensure that the demands of the business are met. Flexibility and commitment are essential for this role.
Ideally Candidates will be:
– Educated to a high standard
– Self-motivated with strong organisational and prioritisation skills
– Excellent communication skills, able to write in an engaging manner to suit a variety of audiences
– Ability to manage own workload and multitask
– Ability to work flexibly as a team player in a busy environment
– Ability to process and interpret complex information
– Prepared to learn new skills and assist within other areas of the business
– Competent in the use of Microsoft Word & Excel
The Role of Booking Office Manager within Waverley:
As the Booking Office Manager you will be responsible for all aspects of bookings and processing ticket sales. You will ensure high standards of customer service and be supported in the role by the Customer and Onboard Services Manager.
– Operating the booking office – handling enquires, taking bookings
– Supervising bookings to produce accurate passenger traffic numbers
– Reconcile daily sales
– Dealing with group bookings and securing new business
– Ensuring customer satisfaction and handling feedback
This is a full-time position based at our office in Glasgow (G3 8HA) with a requirement for occasional travel. Working hours are 9am-5pm (winter), 8:30am-5:30pm (summer season) with some flexibility as the position requires. Annual holiday entitlement of 25 days and 10 set public holidays. There will be a requirement to occasionally sail on Waverley to ensure you fully understand the business and customer base.
The salary for this post will be in the region £22k-£25k dependent on prior experience.
How to Apply:
If you can offer the required experience, commitment and enthusiasm to work in a busy office environment please send a CV with covering letter giving your current position and salary to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Wednesday February 23, 2022.The interview for this position will take place in Glasgow on Friday March 4, 2022.
Application Deadline: Wednesday 23/02/2022