Brand Home Manager
Organisation: The GlenAllachie Distillery
Location: The GlenAllachie Distillery, Aberlour, Moray, AB38 9LR, Scotland
The GlenAllachie is one of Scotland’s few independently owned and managed Scotch whisky companies. Led by Billy Walker, who boasts an incredible 50-year tenure in the world of whisky, they strive to be industry leaders in both liquid quality and cask innovation. With ownership of The GlenAllachie single malt, Meikle Tòir Peated single malt, MacNair’s Lum Reek blended malt, MacNair’s Exploration Rum and White Heather blended Scotch brands, they have an impressive portfolio that is growing exponentially. The multi-award-winning brand home, based in Aberlour, is at the heart of the company. Winner of Visitor Attraction of the Year 2022, they are renowned for providing one of the best visitor experiences in the Speyside region, and with recent significant investment, they are looking to bring in the right person to continue to develop their brand home.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen with one of Scotland’s most revered independent Scotch Whisky producers for a Brand Home Manager based at our brand home in Speyside. This opportunity will allow you to work alongside some of the most exciting talent in the industry, with significant opportunities for personal and professional development.
This role represents a wonderful opportunity for a dynamic and experienced professional to join the GlenAllachie team at their Speyside home in Aberlour. Reporting to the Marketing Director, this role will lead the entire operation at The GlenAllachie Distillery Visitor Centre, which includes tours, events, retail and bar activities. The person will require exceptional commercial acumen to lead and manage the people and activities successfully. The candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing the brand home strategy for the company.
- Lead the visitor centre team in delivering exceptional, engaging and educational visitor experiences through tours, events, tastings and retail.
- Develop and execute the strategic vision for the brand home, continually focussing on the growth of the visitor centre and driving towards enhanced experiences.
- Develop new visitor experiences, seeking fresh and exciting ways to exceed customer expectations and needs while promoting the GlenAllachie brands.
- Ensure strong management of the visitor centre shop and bar is in place, including stock management and overseeing all money-handling procedures.
- Ensure daily operation is managed efficiently and delivered to consistently high standards.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with the Operations Director and the distillery/warehouse teams to ensure the smooth running of the Visitor Centre and that all health and safety standards are complied with.
- Ensure the Visitor Centre operation is appropriately resourced for both public visitors and Trade/VIP visits.
- Maintain responsibility for the quality of the overall visitor experience.
- Manage the tour booking system (Checkfront) and all tour enquiries, including trade/VIP visits.
- Manage the till system (EPOS), which will include regular reporting, stock management and product review.
- Leading the recruitment, induction, and ongoing training of team members. Includes annual reviews, training and development and ensuring support in place to deliver a consistent and exceptional customer experience.
- Understand, lead, and comply with safety, quality and sustainability legislation.
- Lead by example by actively delivering all experiences within the business, from hosting guided tours to serving in the bar and shop.
- Working alongside the marketing team to plan and execute any events held within the visitor centre, including managing the distillery events for the Spirit of Speyside Festival.
- Manage monthly, quarterly and annual reporting to ensure the visitor centre growth strategy is effective and adjust as necessary to ensure continued increased profits.
- Support where necessary at brand events and whisky shows.
- Experience in effectively leading the operational management within a business, ideally for a visitor/tourist attraction.
- Exceptional leadership and people management skills.
- Excellent customer care skills in providing and sustaining world-class customer service.
- Ability to deliver creative and engaging experiences for a wide range of customers.
- Management experience in an operational leadership capacity, including experience with annualised hour contracts, flexible workforces, and managing multi-faceted, vibrant and dynamic teams and individuals.
- The ability to provide innovative and creative ideas to continually enhance the visitor experience.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise a range of work streams in a fast-paced environment.
- A collaborative approach and ability to work closely with multiple stakeholders across different parts of the business.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- 2-3 years’ experience in leading a team in a management capacity.
- Experience in presenting to a wide range of audiences.
- Current Driving License.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Previous experience within the hospitality, retail and/or tourism sector is desirable.
- Personal Licence holder (desirable but not essential as training will be provided).