Business Development Manager for The Glenturret & wider Axiom Brands Portfolio
Organisation: The Glenturret Distillery
Salary: Competitive Salary
Location: Field based - 2 days office based at The Glenturret Distillery.
We are a drinks agency that is truly passionate about the drinks industry – from the fields and terraces where the grain and grapes are grown; via the distilleries and cellars where magic happens; to the bars which are hubs of creativity and buzz and retailers who provide choice for consumers. We believe the future of the drinks industry lies in offering ever better products and we are determined to play our part in bringing them to drinkers. We scour the globe for the most interesting, up-and-coming luxury spirits brands. We only work with passionate producers who offer world-class liquids and a story worth hearing. Our small, dedicated team has a deep understanding of the UK drinks market, and we selectively present an exciting, exclusive and highly curated portfolio. What’s more, we support our brands and the trade alike with services such as education, drinks strategies and events.
We are looking for a fulltime Brand Development Manager to manage the Scottish on-trade business with a focus on Edinburgh & Glasgow. There will be a focus on The Glenturret as the lead brand in market but, will also be tasked on growing the wider Axiom Brands portfolio. Competitive financial package and exceptional, luxury portfolio to proudly represent. The ideal candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and be a strong team player, no two days are the same!
The role will include, but is not limited to:
• KPIs focussed on distribution, volume and brand building opportunities
• Commercial ownership on accounts maintaining profitability
• Business development within an existing and new customer base
• Manage a range of customers; from multi-site restaurant groups, Michelin star dining,
casual dining, leading on-trade independents as well as developing some existing
and new off-trade accounts
• Be able to deliver brand trainings on all products within the Axiom Brands portfolio
• Accurate logging of information on the company database tracking daily activity,
updating account information and product listings
• Host brand building events and marketing opportunities
• Contributing to the overall growth of the business and our happy team!
As a Business Development Manager you will need to have:
– Minimum one year’s sales experience, this role is open to junior and experienced
– Excellent attention to detail and be extremely well-organised – ensuring high
standards are maintained and every detail covered – A proactive, positive can-do
attitude and enjoy a challenge
– Excellent communication skills for building relationships both internally and with
external clients – A desire to work within a smaller company, champion a role and
grow within the company into more senior positions – Ability to think on feet / be
reactive. We need someone with a can-do attitude and the initiative to self-motivate
within a dynamic team and fast-paced environment.
What we can offer you:
We have experienced exceptional growth and success over the last few years and would like to expand our close-knit team with a Business Development Manager who is ambitious, hard-working and can go home at the end of the day saying, I love my job! We are a small team which means if you work hard there is huge room for you to grow with the company and develop new skills. The brands in our agency will change consumer and trade drinking trends; you can be a part of the team who delivers this and helps carve the future of our industry. We are a company who knows how to work hard, enjoy the perks of working in the drinks business and we are looking for someone exceptional to join us on the next stage of our growth.
• Sales experience
• Tenacious drive and energy for premium brands and building future category leaders
• Negotiation and influencing skills to drive commercial success
• Strong customer focus with a can-do attitude
• A drive to make impact within a small business and not be just another cog in the
• Passion for the Scottish food & drink scene.
This is a field based role; territory Edinburgh, Glasgow and surrounding areas.
The daily working hours are 08:30am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday, however the sales role requires some evenings in trade. The majority of your working hours will be spent in trade and some admin time spent at The Glenturret Distillery which will act as the office base.
You will report into the Head of UK On-Trade sales.
A three Month probation period which involves closely monitored progress against set targets and revenue. Upon passing this probation, a full- time employment role will be offered.
End of year 20% bonus (50:50 company performance and individual performance)
• Additional quarterly commission available through brand activations
• Pension contribution
• 24 days holiday (plus bank/public holidays) + an extra day on your birthday
• 2/3rds of mobile bill paid (capped at £30)
• £0.45p on all work-related mileage
Please send your CV and cover letter to Head of Sales:
Application Deadline: Friday 05/05/2023