Organisation: The Scottish Seabird Centre
Salary: We pay above the national minimum wage rate
Location: North Berwick
Our café has one of the best views in the town! Because of this, we welcome hundreds of people a week to our café and you’ll have a vitally important role to play. You’ll help the catering team to deliver high quality service and you’ll work hard to ensure that our visitors have a fantastic experience.
You will provide a warm welcome and must have a helpful attitude. You’ll quickly develop an understanding of all our products and ingredients and be able to promote the café’s special offers. Alongside other team members, staff keep the café clean, up to
our five-star standard, as well as serving customers quickly, efficiently and promoting our Charity while doing so.
• To serve food efficiently from our kitchen, always ensuring friendly customer interaction.
• Be knowledgeable about the products and special offers available.
• Follow the opening and closing procedures.
• Ensure all counters and displays are always clean and fully stocked.
• Ensure all equipment is fully operational.
• Ensure Seabird Café facilities are clean and of a high quality at all times including tables, chairs, highchairs, and condiments.
• To keep the dishwashing area working smoothly.
• To assist in the acceptance of stock deliveries and storage.
• To process all till transactions accurately.
• To assist with cashing-up procedures to ensure daily takings are handled securely.
• Observe all Health & Safety/ Environmental policies and procedures.
• To take an interest in and promote the work of our Charity, including our Discovery Experience, Gift Shop, Events, and membership to customers.
• Carry out any other relevant duty as directed by the line manager that is within the competence of the post holder.
Skills and experience
• A customer-focused attitude.
• Ability to achieve excellent results under pressure.
• Consistent delivery of a high-quality visitor experience.
• The ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
• Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
• Basic maths skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritise your work.
• An interest in Scotland’s marine and coastal environment
• An awareness of and alignment with environmental sustainability principles and practice.
Our values underpin everything we do. We take pride in bringing these to life in all that we do. We are:
• PASSIONATE about Scotland’s coastal and marine environment.
• INSPIRE others to explore and care for Scotland’s coastal and marine environment.
• INNOVATE with the approaches we use to engage with people.
• COLLABORATE with local and national partners to convey the importance of Scotland’s marine environment.
• INFORMED about the current health of Scotland’s marine wildlife and habitats and the actions required to protect it.
• TRUSTWORTHY providing reliable information and acting with integrity and without bias.
Performance: To be measured against clearly defined measurable and challenging goals.
Application Deadline: Thursday 10/08/2023