Organisation: Scottish Fisheries Museum Trust
Salary: National Minimum Wage
Location: Scottish Fisheries Museum, St Ayles, Harbourhead, Anstruther, Fife, KY10 3AB
We are looking for new people to join a team of staff in a busy museum Café . The Waves café, was recently relaunched with an exciting new menu with seafood items now being offered. If you are flexible, willing to work hard at busy periods and able to present an enthusiastic public face to the Museum, helping to promote all it has to offer to visitors, we would like to hear from you.
Main Activities and Responsibilities:
The post of Café Assistant is vital to ensuring the Café continues to operate smoothly, profitably and successfully with a very high standard of customer care. The post will involve taking orders, food preparation, serving customers, washing up and cleaning when required whilst maintaining required health and safety records and standards. The Museum Café is open six days a week until further notice.
The Café has developed its menu, particularly in the area of seafood products and recipes and is already offering table service. There is a kitchen as part of the Café and a food preparation area refurbished and equipped for preparing food items for consumption in the café.
Under the direction of the Front of House Manager to:
• Ensure an excellent standard of customer care for visitors
• Ensure an excellent standard of cuisine for visitors
• Taking orders and making up orders within the Café kitchen
• Ensure that food preparation areas are kept tidy and clean
• Washing crockery, cutlery and utensils
• Assist in ensuring the health and safety of visitors
• Assist in ordering food from suppliers if required
• Assist with food portion control, service and washing-up as required
• Maintain food hygiene and health and safety records as required
• Respond to and deal with any relevant customer issues e.g. providing allergy information
Conditions of Service:
Please see the full job description for further details of the role.
Full information on the policies and practices in place to support staff are contained in our staff handbook that will be made available to the successful candidate. The key benefits aligned to the post are however detailed as follows.
Permanent post: From agreed starting date tbc
Hours: The Museum and Waves Café are currently open six days per week. The Café has at least two posts available and hours may be negotiable. Ideally, a commitment of minimum of 10 hours, including weekend working, will be necessary, depending on summer/winter season.
Salary: (National Minimum Wage)
Annual Leave: Dependent on working hours. Calculated on days/hours worked per week.
Tell us why you are keen to work with us in a covering letter and attach your CV. Please send both to Karen Donaldson, Front of House Manager, email@example.com
The Scottish Fisheries Museum is an independent trust and charity (registered in Scotland No: SCO06185)
Application Deadline: Friday 12/05/2023