Organisation: The Scottish Seabird Centre
Location: North Berwick
Our café has one of the best views in the town! Because of this, we welcome hundreds
of people a week to our café and you’ll have a vitally important role to play. You’ll help
the catering team to deliver high quality service and you’ll work hard to ensure that our
visitors have a fantastic experience.
You’ll provide a warm welcome and must have a helpful attitude. You’ll quickly develop
an understanding of all our products and ingredients and be able to promote the café’s
special offers. Alongside other team members, staff keep the café clean (following all
our new COVID19 hygiene protocols) and up to our five-star standard, as well as serving
customers quickly, efficiently and promoting our Charity while doing so.
• To serve food efficiently from our kitchen, always ensuring friendly customer interaction.
• Be knowledgeable about the products and special offers available.
• Follow the opening and closing procedures.
• Ensure all counters and displays are always clean and fully stocked.
• Ensure all equipment is fully operational.
• Ensure Seabird Café facilities are clean (following all our COVID19 hygiene
protocols) and of a high quality at all times including tables, chairs, highchairs,
• To keep the dishwashing area working smoothly.
• To assist in the acceptance of stock deliveries and storage.
• To process all till transactions accurately.
• To assist with cashing-up procedures to ensure daily takings are handled
• Observe all Health & Safety/ Environmental policies and procedures.
• To take an interest in and promote the work of our Charity, including our
Discovery Experience, Gift Shop, Events, and membership to customers.
• Carry out any other relevant duty as directed by the line manager that is within
the competence of the post holder.
Skills and experience
• A customer-focused attitude.
• Ability to achieve excellent results under pressure.
• Consistent delivery of a high-quality visitor experience.
• The ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
• Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
• Basic maths skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritise your work.
• An interest in Scotland’s marine and coastal environment
• An awareness of and alignment with environmental sustainability principles and practice.
Please see role profile attached below.
Application Deadline: Tuesday 14/06/2022