Organisation: Eden Scott
Salary: £26,365 - £29,128
Location: Castle Douglas
Eden Scott is delighted to be working with the National Trust for Scotland, a charity established in 1931, to provide access and enjoyment to the properties, places and collections in its care. They also exist to protect what they look after for future generations to enjoy; and increasingly they are keen to act as a strong conservation voice for heritage and climate change response across Scotland.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team at the Trust in the role of Café Manager supporting the conservation of Threave Garden & Estate in Castle Douglas by generating income through food and beverage operations and delivering the highest standard of visitor experience for all visitors.
Threave’s wonderful garden has been created over the years by students of the Trust’s School of Heritage Gardening – and is a fine example of landscaped beauty. The garden is divided into a series of smaller gardens to showcase different styles, including a rose garden, rockery and walled garden.
Key responsibilities of the role:
• Overall responsibility for the management and delivery of the catering facilities at Threave Garden & Estate
• Ensuring innovative ideas and current trends in catering are constantly being delivered in all outlets on site
• Setting objectives and being responsible for the overall, day-to-day running of the catering operations
• Leading and managing a team of staff; managing performance, recognising training needs and potential as appropriate
• Managing budgets – ensuring that, as a minimum, the financial targets agreed with, in line with the budget
• Devising, costing and sourcing menu items and consistently looking at ways of maximising income through effective purchasing and creative merchandising
• Adhering to the sale of alcohol legislation, being a Premises Manager
• Regularly monitoring customer feedback, Mystery Visitor and Visit Scotland Audits and develop suitable action plans based on the results
• Being visitor/customer focused by being visible, approachable and quick to exceed expectations in fulfilling customer needs
Key skills and experience required:
• We are seeking a commercial individual with experience of catering management across a similar operation such as a garden centre café, local restaurant or a catering operation in a historic/heritage environment
• Used to an ethos of target-driven assessment, with demonstration of results
• Previous experience in a customer facing, service environment
• Experience managing, leading, coordinating and developing a team with varying remits and professional competences
• Demonstrable skills in successful budget and financial management, combined with clear evidence of commercial awareness and previous sales experience
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and confidence in dealing with a wide range of staff, visitors and other stakeholders, with a friendly, confident, and well-presented
This role offers an excellent competitive salary within a range of £24,865 – £29,000 depending on experience and significant company benefits.
Eden Scott are dealing exclusively with the Trust on this vacancy so to be considered for this exciting opportunity with a truly unique and best in class employer, please submit your CV online clearly stating salary expectation or to email@example.com and for an informal chat or to receive the full role information pack and job description please email or call Sally on 07776 662506.
Application Deadline: Tuesday 31/05/2022