Cafe Team Member
Organisation: Scottish Crannog Centre
Salary: £23,233.56 per annum, increasing to £25,000 in April.
Location: The Scottish Crannog Centre, Loch Tay, Kenmore, Perthshire, PH15 2HY
This year Scottish Crannog Centre is moving to a new site! We are opening a new museum in Spring 2024, showcasing an Iron Age village, hand-built by our team of craftspeople, apprentices and staff, and a new museum building and café, designed by us for us.
Our aim is to become a national treasure, loved and admired by all, with social justice at its heart. To achieve this, we constantly reflect, converse and challenge ourselves to deliver work that matters, has impact, and benefits the diverse communities that the museum serves. This is not project work, but core to our mission and vision as a museum. We aim to create an organisation where there are a thousand fingerprints and a thousand voices involved in all we do.
As a multi-award-winning museum delivering best practices in visitor experience, we are looking for a dedicated, enthusiastic and caring individual to join us and help us develop our new café. The successful candidate will also be involved in the daily running of the site, will get to work with the Iron Age collection, and to explore further interests with additional training opportunities. We have both full and part time positions available, and will work with you to find what fits you best.
For this role, full training will be received when you start.
You just need to be someone who wants the world to be a better place!
It would be helpful to know that you have:
– Some experience working in a café or catering environment
– An interest in taking an active role in making our museum the best place it can be.
– Good communication skills and efficiency, working quickly and calmly as part of a team.
– Friendly, confident and able to build a rapport with colleagues, customers and suppliers.
– A can-do attitude and ability to take and build on feedback to grow and develop.
In this role you will:
– Train with local company Glen Lyon Coffee to gain experience and confidence as a Crannog barrister.
– Complete a Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety certification.
– Delivering excellent customer service to museum visitors, building relationships with visitors through conversation and active listening.
– Serve food and drinks and deliver information about the Crannog Centre to people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds, as part of our mission to welcome anyone who comes to visit us.
– Support on hygiene standards, working with the café manager to ensure cleaning and general upkeep of the café and kitchen areas.
– Help shape the food and drink on offer, and the visitor experience of the new café and museum, working with our Director of Operations.
– Work flexible hours, such as extended hours in the summer and shorter hours in the winter, including weekend and evening work.
– There is the potential to provide shop cover if needed.
Please apply with a copy of your CV and a supporting letter outlining your experience to date in this field and why you are the best person for the role to Museum Director Mike Benson. firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding a disability or health concern, please be aware we are a Disability Confident Leader, and will do our very best to support you. If you would like to speak to someone before submitting an application, send an email to Rachel Backshall – email@example.com.
Application Deadline: Monday 05/02/2024