Organisation: The Royal Zoological Society of Scotland
Salary: Salary Range: £17,375 - £18,525 Per Annum
Location: Edinburgh Zoo
Assist the RZSS Edinburgh Zoo Property & Estates Team in managing the day-to-day build and maintenance of all buildings, facilities and infrastructure, to ensure that all areas of are safe and well presented for our visitors and in accordance with agreed service standards and in a cost-effective manner, in support of RZSS’ mission and vision. This post should supervise the vehicle gate receiving deliveries and making contact with departments to advise them of arrivals.
Some of the things you’ll do:
• Work with minimal supervision, under the direction of more senior tradesperson, to provide labouring and driving tasks to agreed standards
• Supervise the vehicle gate and follow arrival/departure procedures of all vehicles entering the site, including drivers signing in and out, receive deliveries and alert relevant departments of arrival.
• Responsible for site security and access of contractors/vehicles via the vehicle gate and follow the opening and closing procedures of both the vehicle gate and pedestrian gate for staff.
• Proactively undertake daily site inspections of public areas and perimeter checks, diary any tasks by their priority order and complete minor repairs, including fencing repairs, replacing damaged signage, replacing light bulbs or clearing chocked wastes pipes smaller multi trade repairs or works which didn’t require an experienced tradesperson to complete.
• Maintaining onsite recycling area ensuring this is kept clear and that our onsite waste is being disposed of correctly.
• Ensure all machinery is cleaned, inspected, maintained and user log book updated daily to agreed transport policy standards and procedures, e.g. oil/tyre/light checks and ensure all pre-start check sheets are completed as required.
What we’re looking for:
• Full driving licence.
• Working knowledge of risk assessment processes.
• Ability to identify and make safe (for self, colleagues and the public) all the utilities and services encountered whilst working on RZSS sites.
• Significant practical experience in the construction and maintenance of buildings, fencing and infrastructure.
• Experience of working as part of a team, and on your own.
• Construction Safety Certificate or equivalent is desirable as is being trained and competent in the operation of RZSS vehicles (e.g. forklift, dumper/lifter, 360 digger, telescopic lift) in a range of complex driving situations
We offer a range of great benefits which can be found at www.rzss.org.uk/about-rzss/staff-benefits
Please visit the RZSS Job Opportunities page for details on how to apply and to see the role profile for further information on what the role involves and essential/desirable criteria.
Application Deadline: Thursday 27/01/2022