Organisation: Blair Castle
Location: Blair Castle, Blair Atholl
Would you like to join our 5 star team this season? We are recruiting for staff to be our castle storytellers. If you have a passion for Scotland and an enthusiasm for making memories then we’d like to hear from you.
Full training will be provided and you will be given a tour script that you’ll be expected to make your own.
1. To welcome groups and individual castle visitors and assist the castle team in providing a 5 Star visitor experience.
2. To conduct guided tours as requested (full training given), deal with visitor enquiries and support interpretation activities as they arise throughout the season (training provided as required) e.g. seasonally themed tours, children’s holiday activities, special event days, etc.
3. Upsell and cross-sell specific products to ensure sales targets are met e.g. guide books.
4. Assist in the delivery of marketing and sales initiatives as directed by the Head Guide and Operations Manager.
5. Assist and support ticketing staff in meeting and greeting visitors, sales and checking tickets, as required.
6. To contribute to the security of the castle, its contents and the safety of its visitors and staff.
7. Working closely with castle administration personnel and complying with directives and requests as appropriate
8. Provide assistance to and support teams within the castle enterprise as required, including reception, retail, housekeeping and administration teams.
9. Comply with health & safety directives and organizational policy, including regular fire drills.
10. Comply with organizational policy for green tourism and recycling policies.
11. Attend team meetings and training sessions as required including afterhours sessions – reasonable notice is given and staff are paid for their time.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Contract length: 7 months
Application deadline: 18/02/2022
Applications sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Expected start date: 01/04/2022
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: £8.72-£8.91 per hour
Application Deadline: Sunday 20/02/2022