Catering and housekeeping assistants
Organisation: Newbattle Abbey
Salary: £10.90 per hour plus holiday pay
Location: Newbattle Abbey College, Dalkeith, Midlothian
ABOUT THE ROLE
After a challenging few years, the college is seeing an increase in visitors. We have students from Wisconsin staying with us, language school students from all over the world and other clients who hold conferences, meetings and weddings. However, with this increase in visitors comes a growing need to provide an excellent standard of service to ensure they have a great experience at Newbattle.
To enable us to achieve that excellent service, we are recruiting ‘casual’ housekeeping and catering staff. Experience is not essential, as full training will be given, and you can choose to work either in housekeeping or catering or both.
The hours are flexible, but there will be shift working – early mornings, evenings and weekends. We offer a good rate of pay £10.90 per hour plus holiday pay. This is a good opportunity for anyone who wants a ‘casual’ contract with flexible hours.
Daily cleaning duties in kitchen and dining area.
• Carry out, under supervision, preparation of food eg vegetable preparation,
baking, finishing off meals.
• Assist with the serving of meals.
• Inform the Chef Manager or Cook Supervisor of any fault or malfunction in any
equipment or machinery in the kitchen.
• Undertake any other duties that the Chef Manager or Cook Supervisor consider
necessary to ensure the smooth running of the kitchen and meal service.
• Undertake all domestic duties as directed by the Domestic Team Leader
• Participate in maintaining physical security of College buildings and contents
• Inform the Domestic Team Leader of any faults or malfunctions in any
equipment or machinery
• Undertake any other duties that the Domestic Team Leader considers necessary
to ensure the delivery of a high quality responsive service
For an informal chat, please contact Joyce Clark on 0131 663 1921 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date – ongoing
Application Deadline: Tuesday 01/01/1901