Catering & Hospitality Manager
Organisation: Deep Sea World
Location: Deep Sea World, North Queensferry
Job Title: Catering & Hospitality Manager
Location: Deep Sea World – Fife
Contract Type: Full Time, permanent contract, working 5/7 days, 40 hours per week
Salary: £24,000 per annum
This is an exciting opportunity for a catering & hospitality manager with a passion for food and guest service to join our team at Deep Sea world.
We offer sociable working hours, the aquarium is open all year round apart from Christmas Day and New Year’s Day between 10am and 5pm/6pm. There is free on-site staff car parking, free entrance for family and friends to all our UK parks and those in Europe too, a friendly, nice environment in which to work, discounts in the gift shop and restaurant plus a free dive the sharks!
At Scotland’s National Aquarium, located beneath the world famous Forth Rail Bridge, in North Queensferry we offer visitors the chance to experience the UK’s longest underwater viewing tunnel, mysterious coral reefs, majestic sharks and our amazing seal sanctuary. Over 40 displays, including the 4.5-million-litre Underwater Safari with its walkthrough tunnel, are home to hundreds of fascinating creatures, ranging from seals and seahorses to stingrays and giant sand tiger sharks.
As a business we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community of employees where we can all be ourselves in an accepting environment. We are keen to increase diversity throughout our business and build a stronger team at Deep Sea World.
We are also here to sell fun and this is what makes us so unique. Each day we look at working in a fun and friendly environment. So, if you have a passion to work in the leisure industry and can offer outstanding customer service to all our visitors, then we may just have the job for you.
· Planning, driving and achieving budgeted revenue targets.
· To manage plans and purchasing of stock and supplies, reacting to change in demand and logistics
· To drive the operational performance of the Catering team to achieve the highest standards of guest service, hygiene, cleanliness, teamwork and record keeping.
· Work as part of a team, preparing food and cooking menu items to a high standard and ensuring visitors are served their orders quickly and efficiently.
· In liaison with with UK catering team and Aspro Parks catering teams negotiate appropriate pricing, continuity and supply strategy with suppliers, whilst encouraging good relationships with suppliers
· To train, develop, manage and motivate the Catering team to increase sales and ensure efficiency
· To ensure that all visitors receive excellent customer service at all times from Catering Team members by being approachable, friendly, knowledgeable and polite
· To develop a hospitality culture focussed on delighting guests by exceeding their expectations
· As part of the wider aquarium management team, covering Duty Management you will also carry out other responsibilities as required, including crisis management, operational issues, staff training, paperwork/ record keeping, health and safety etc.
Please note the following criteria are required in order to be successful in gaining this post at recruitment and to be able to effectively undertake the duties required.
Please ensure that you are confident that you can meet all the essential criteria before pursuing an application. Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered for the role.
Desirable criteria will be used to differentiate between candidates, who meet all the essential criteria but are not automatically required, as they can be developed once appointed into the post.
– Minimum of 1 year management experience in catering/ hospitality
– Passion for food and service
– Thrive in a fast paced environment
– Excellent communication skills
– Smiley, friendly personality
– Adaptable and versatile
– Strong Financials
– Self motivated
– Attention to detail and standards driven
– Good product presentation/merchandising
– Functions/Parties/Events experience
– Queue Management
– Till operation/cash management
– Working to sales targets
– Stock control/management
– Knowledge of Microsoft Office
– Previous experience in a visitor attraction role
– Basic hygiene certificate
– First Aid training
– Any relevant Health and safety certification such as IOSH, Fire Warden, Working at height etc
Why work for us?
Aspro Parks is a multinational company which operates more than 85 leisure attractions in Europe. Here in the UK Aspro owns Blue Planet Aquarium, Deep Sea World, Bristol Aquarium, Tynemouth Aquarium, 3 Blue Reef Aquariums, Smugglers Adventure and Oakwood Theme Park.
Our business depends on our visitors enjoying their experience, whether that’s leaving our aquariums inspired to care more about the environment, to thrill-seekers riding Drenched, one of the tallest, steepest and wettest water rides in Europe! It takes a very diverse and richly talented team to keep the show on the road and we work hard in getting these individuals on board!
Here at Aspro, we make sure our employees are well taken care of. We recognise that their hard work and dedication are the driving force behind our success. Our work environment is built on mutual respect and professionalism. We have a team of highly knowledgeable individuals with the experience and technical expertise to ensure we are the best at what we do!
We’re looking for individuals who want to join the Aspro team and live our values of:
• Customer Service
• Focus on Results
• Personal development
How to Apply
If interested, please apply using your CV & covering letter via our indeed page.
Your cover letter should highlight why you would be able to fulfil this key role within the organisation and clearly demonstrate how you meet our requirements.
We do recognize the time and effort it takes to apply for a position, however as an employer of choice we receive a high volume of applications and in the interests of economy, Aspro UK does not notify candidates who have been unsuccessful in their application; consequently if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
Aspro UK are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Closing Date: Thursday 14th October 2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £24,000.00 per year
Application Deadline: Thursday 14/10/2021