Organisation: Newbattle Abbey
Salary: £23,007 (pay award pending)
Location: Newbattle Abbey College
Newbattle Abbey College has an exciting opportunity for the right person with an interest in furthering or developing their career in catering supervision.
The post holder will be responsible for the supervision and delivery of catering services across College-wide activities. This is a full-time permanent position.
Major Tasks/Job Activities
1. Assist the Catering Manager in the provision of the catering services and to
deputise in his/her absence.
2. Supervise Catering Assistants and establish effective working relationships.
3. Responsible for the preparation, cooking and serving of food, including catering
for dietary requirements for a wide range of clients.
4. Prepare and cook food according to recipes.
5. Contribute to menu planning.
6. Operate and oversee the use of catering equipment.
7. Ensure that the kitchen and dining areas are maintained to a high level of hygiene.
8. Undertake periodic cleaning tasks e.g., defrosting a fridge, as directed by the
9. Keep clean and orderly storerooms, fridges and freezers etc.
10.Clean stoves and general work areas.
11.Handle small amounts of cash as directed by the Catering Manager.
12.Complete monthly stocktake.
13.Record keeping of stock, waste management etc.
14.Comply with policies and procedures and statutory hygiene regulations.
15.Compile Health and Hygiene control sheet.
16. Promote and maintain high quality customer service.
17. Attend meetings when required, and/or in the absence of the Catering Manager.
18. Undertake any other such duties as may be required as appropriate to the scope
and grading of the post.
Conditions of Service
Term of Appointment: Full-time, permanent
Remuneration: £23,007 (pay award pending)
Pension Scheme: Lothian Pension Fund
Reporting to: Catering Manager
Closing date: Thursday 8th February
Interviews likely to be held: Wednesday 21st February
To apply please visit Newbattle Abbey College website – www.nac.ac.uk/work-for-us
Application Deadline: Thursday 08/02/2024