Catering Team Leader
Organisation: Mount Stuart
Salary: £9.50-£10.66 per hour
Location: Mount Stuart, Isle of Bute, PA20 9LR
Mount Stuart House & Gardens reopen for the season on Friday 15th April 2022. Applications are now open to join our established seasonal team. Successful candidates can expect competitive rates of pay, complimentary entry to the House & Gardens and the opportunity to develop their skills at a leading 4 star visitor attraction.
The Courtyard Cafe is seeking to recruit a Seasonal Team Leader for the 2022 season. The right candidate will work closely with the Catering Manager and Visitor Experience Manager (VEM) to ensure the smooth running of the Café. At peak times during the season, the Café can be very busy and the right candidate must be able to handle high volumes of visitors and be efficient under pressure.
The responsibilities will include:
• Leading a team of front of house staff, ensuring high standards of friendly and efficient customer service are always met
• Ensuring the team maintain high standards of cleanliness and follow all hygiene rules
• Making and serving barista coffees and teas, serving food
• Handling cash and card transactions and cashing up
• Ensuring that the kitchen, café and outdoor courtyard areas are kept clean and checked regularly
• Handling customer enquiries and complaints in a professional manner
• Managing any café bookings through email or phone and overseeing any group/coach bookings
• Organising staff rotas, alongside the Catering Manager and Visitor Experience Manager, to ensure staffing levels are maintained to deliver a high quality service within the allocated budget
You will need excellent inter-personal skills, with the ability to lead a team and also to work on your own initiative.
You must have a smart appearance, plus be confident and professional in dealing with customers.
A positive individual with a ‘can do’ attitude with ability to work well in a busy environment.
A proven multi-tasker who is organised, efficient and productive as well as being accurate and having great attention to detail.
You will also be responsible for leading the front of house team and the general running of the Café on a daily basis.
The role is fixed term March–October. You will be required to work five days out of seven, to include weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis.
Experience is preferred but training can be provided.
To apply for the Catering Team Leader position please email a CV and covering letter, marked clearly with the role you are applying for, to Fiona Hardie e: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for all applications is Wednesday 23rd February with interview dates to be confirmed w/c 28th February.
Application Deadline: Wednesday 23/02/2022