Catering Team Leader (Highland Wildlife Park) (Permanent, 30 hours per week)
Organisation: The Royal Zoological Society of Scotland
Salary: 17,398 per annum (prorata salary)
Location: Highland Wildlife Park, Highlands
Catering Team Leader (Permanent, 30 hours per week)
In this role as Catering Team Lead you’ll be working to provide a first-class catering service to visitors to our beautiful and stunning RZSS Highland Wildlife Park located in the Cairngorms National Park.
To coordinate the day-to-day catering operations to deliver first-class visitor experience and that your team and visitors enjoy a safe and happy environment; whilst generating income to exceed agreed targets in support of RZSS vision and mission.
This role is a permanent role where the working hours are 30 hours per week and weekend working will be required. Starting salary of £17,398 (this is the pro-rated salary)
Some of the things you’ll do:
– Working with direction from the Catering Coordinators, provide day-to-day supervision of the Catering team.
– Develop and maintain a supportive and dynamic first-class sales and service culture amongst the team -focusing on delivering high standards of service and food presentation in accordance with Cook safe regulations.
– Ensure the Café areas are presented to the highest standards (displays, seating areas, signage), fully stocked and equipment is cleaned, maintained and serviced on a regular basis and report to the Coordinator any maintenance issues.
– Support Visitor Experience Assistants with visitor complaints and act a route of escalation to deal with refunds in a professional manner and referring customer to your line manager if complaint cannot be resolved.
– Working alongside the back of house team to ensure the smooth running of the cafe and outdoor catering areas as one united team
What we’re looking for:
– Good achievement at Higher grade level (including English & Mathematics) or equivalent qualifications or experience.
– Trained/certificate in Cooksafe and has ability/qualification to train others
– Good understanding and use of electronic cash systems.
– Significant experience of leading a team in a customer service environment
Please see the role profile for further information on what the role involves and essential/desirable criteria.
Shortlisting of applications and interviews for all this position will take place while the advert is live; the advert will close once a successful candidate has been found. Interested candidates are therefore encouraged to submit applications as quickly as possible, via our Careers page at www.rzss.org.uk/job-opportunities
Application Deadline: Tuesday 31/05/2022