Chief Executive Officer
Organisation: Loch Insh Outdoor Centre
Loch Insh Watersports is a multi disciplined family business with three core & complementary business operations in
- Watersports/Multi Activity
- Accommodation (B&B and self-catering chalets)
- Restaurant, Bar & Shop.
Set up in 1969 by outdoor education pioneer Clive Freshwater the location sits at the foot of Glen Feshie near its confluence with the Spey on the leeward shore of Loch Insh, set in 14 acres of mature mixed beach, oak, birch, and pine woods.
The Board are looking to appoint a CEO to implement the business strategy in line with the company’s mission, vision and values.
The CEO will report to the Chair and will:
- oversee all operations and business activities
- ensure that all regulatory and health and safety obligations are met
- manage the business through a team of experienced Heads of Department
- have overall responsibility for the financial performance of the business
- ensure there is an effective relationship between all levels of the Management of the company enhancing employee engagement throughout the business
- maintain strong customer relationships at all times
- represent the company at business functions, community events, industry training and events, and networking opportunities
- manage the design and implementation of new products and services; and oversee brand development and the implementation of effective marketing strategies.
We are looking for a credible, energetic and motivated CEO, ideally with experience in the leisure, tourism or outdoor sectors. Knowledge of running a family owned business would be an advantage. You should be able to demonstrate excellent leadership skills and have experience of leading change in an organisation of similar scale and complexity which at our peak season, we have around 60 staff and turnover for the coming year is expected to be £2 million.
To download a full candidate brochure please see the link below.
To apply, please send your full CV and covering letter to Ailsa Sutherland or Lindsay Cramond at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Edinburgh office on 0131 539 7087 for an initial confidential discussion.
Application Deadline: Wednesday 19/01/2022