Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £22,672 pro-rata, per annum
Purpose of role
This is an exciting and varied role in the Food & Beverage team at Culloden Visitor Centre. Based in our Café, you’ll prepare food for a high-quality, sit-in café and grab-and-go takeaway menu, helping to generate the income that enables our charity to care for this world-renowned historical site.
You will ensure that visitors from across the globe have an enjoyable experience here through excellent service standards and menu availability. You will be responsible for the daily operation of the kitchen, and achieving targets through efficient, safe food production practices.
• Deliver a high-quality food offer for our high and low season, relevant to our Culloden customers (visitors, events and functions) and Visit Scotland’s Taste our Best principles.
• Contribute to menu development, making creative, practical and cost-effective choices for food production and presentation.
• Ensure high standards of kitchen hygiene, cleanliness and tidiness, keeping up-to-date compliance documentation (HACCP, COSHH checklists and temperature sheets).
• Work alongside the management team to ensure all food and non food items are ordered, and stock is controlled to the highest standard
• Ensure food production adheres to allergen guidelines, in particular Natasha’s Law, and support the implementation of upcoming laws, e.g. displaying nutritional value & calorie counts.
• Minimise wastage and identify potential savings to achieve targets for cost of sales, gross profit and environmental sustainability.
• Ensure the upkeep and safety of equipment and utensils used within the catering outlets.
• Share in the common responsibility of implementing the Trust’s “Health & Safety Policy”, being mindful at all times of the health and safety of self, staff, volunteers, and visitors.
Application Deadline: Sunday 18/02/2024