Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £19,889 per annum
Location: Threave Estate
Purpose of the role
To assist in the day-to-day management of the Food & Beverage offer at Threave Garden to ensure that all targets are met and all visitors receive the highest level of visitor experience standards.
• Assist with the development of the Menu Cycle/Specification
• Contribute to food production as per the Menu Cycle/Specification and event Food Production (corporate, hospitality, meetings etc.)
• Keeping up to date HACCP, COSHH checklists and temperature sheets as well as allergen measures/controls
• Ensure high Standards of Kitchen hygiene, cleanliness, tidiness and related schedules
• Use fresh produce and ingredients whenever and wherever is possible and minimise wastage.
• Maintain a high standard of food presentation to the customer
• Share in the common responsibility of implementing the Trust’s “Health & Safety Policy”, being mindful at all times of the health and safety of self, staff, volunteers, and visitors.
• Share in the common responsibility of working in a manner mindful of the Trust’s obligations to minimise impact on the environment, through e.g. efficient use of water/heat/light, recycling and the disposal of waste, considered use of transport
• Help to reduce occurrences where Health or Safety of yourself and other employees may be put in jeopardy
• Adherence to the COSHH Training provided and control of substances covered by COSHH
• Involvement in the upkeep and maintenance of both the entire department site and, specifically, the Catering Outlets
• Involvement in assessing and preserving the safety of utensils and equipment used within the Catering Outlets
SCOPE OF ROLE
• The Post Holder does not have direct line management responsibilities, but would be expected to deputise in the absence of the Café Manager and direct kitchen and front of house staff.
• Not a budget holder but responsible for the day-to-day management of stock
Application Deadline: Friday 11/03/2022