Cook (Highland Wildlife Park)(Full Time, Permanent)
Organisation: The Royal Zoological Society of Scotland
Salary: 19,793 - 21,724 per annum
Location: Highland Wildlife Park, Highlands
Cook (Permanent, 37.5 hours per week)
In this role as Cook you’ll be working to provide a first-class catering service to visitors to our beautiful and stunning RZSS Highland Wildlife Park located in the Cairngorms National Park
– To prepare, cook or bake (role depending) all food for Highland Wildlife Park food outlets that deliver the highest standards of produce which not only exceeds our visitor expectations in flavour, substance and presentation, but is also in support of RZSS vision and mission.
This is a permanent position where the working hours are 37.5 hours per week and weekend working will be required.
Salary: £19,793 – £21,724 per annum
Some of the things you’ll do:
– Working with direction from the Catering Coordinator, prepare all raw food in line with hygiene legislation, minimising all food wastage through effective production. This can involve either cooking the day’s menu options or baking.
– Ensure all food presented is of the highest quality, making sure of dietary requirements.
– Assist with the set-up of the kitchen on a day to day basis.
– Contribute to an effective ordering and stock control procedures by having an accurate knowledge of stock and informing Catering Coordinator when stocks are low.
– Take responsibility for delivery and return processes, reconciliation, discrepancies and ensuring all stock is safely stored and easily accessible in line with Health & Safety guidelines.
– Actively be involved in improving storage and stock and stock control systems, suggesting improvements in the overall layout and organisation.
– Contribute to menu development and the analysis of food quantity and quality.
What we’re looking for:
– You’ll be qualified to SVQ Level 2 or equivalent qualification or relevant experience preferable
– Have a good understanding of legislative requirements regarding food preparation and delivery.
– Can demonstrate high level of catering competence.
Please see the role profile for further information on what the role involves and essential/desirable criteria.
Shortlisting of applications and interviews for all this position will take place while the advert is live; the advert will close once a successful candidate has been found. Interested candidates are therefore encouraged to submit applications as quickly as possible, via our Careers page at www.rzss.org.uk/job-opportunities
Application Deadline: Tuesday 31/05/2022