Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £19,889 per annum
Purpose of the role
Day to day management of the Catering Department at Newhailes stables cafe. To help ensure that all targets are met and that all visitors experience the highest level of guest satisfaction during their visit.
• Support in the development of the Menu Cycle/Specification.
• Contribute to food production as per the Menu Cycle/Specification and event Food Production (corporate, hospitality, meetings etc.).
• Keeping up to date HACCP, COSHH checklists and temperature sheets.
• Ensure high standards of Kitchen hygiene, cleanliness, tidiness and related schedules.
• Use fresh produce and ingredients whenever and wherever is possible and minimise wastage.
• Maintain a high standard of food presentation to the customer.
• Share in the common responsibility of implementing the Trust’s “Health & Safety Policy”, being mindful at all times of the health and safety of self, staff, volunteers, and visitors.
• Share in the common responsibility of working in a manner mindful of the Trust’s obligations to minimise impact on the environment, through e.g. efficient use of water/heat/light, recycling and the disposal of waste, considered use of transport.
• Help to reduce occurrences where Health or Safety of yourself and other employees may be put in jeopardy.
• Adherence to the COSHH Training provided and control of substances covered by COSHH.
• Involvement in the upkeep and maintenance of both the entire department site and, specifically, the Catering Outlets.
• Involvement in assessing and preserving the safety of utensils and equipment used within the Catering Outlets.
The current duties of this job do not require a criminal records (Disclosure Scotland) check to be carried out.
SCOPE OF ROLE
Newhailes Stables Cafe
• The Post Holder does not have direct line management responsibilities.
• Not a budget holder but responsible for the day to day management of stock
Application Deadline: Friday 11/03/2022