Organisation: Perth Art Gallery
Salary: £39,842.81 - £ 42,946.68 per annum
Location: AK Bell Library, Perth
Job Title: Creative Producer
Hours: 36 hours per week
Salary: £39,842.81 to £42,946.68 (PR9)
Location: A K Bell Library/Perth Art Gallery/Perth Museum
Responsible To: Head of Audiences and Learning
Responsible for: Events Coordinator (direct report), wider Events team
Contract Length: Fixed Term – 23 months
This post will require flexibility to include some evening and weekend working to meet the
• Lead on the planning, development, production, and evaluation of the events programme across Culture Perth and Kinross, including generating ideas and themes, sourcing performers, speakers, and freelancers, managing budgets, and overseeing the event delivery team.
• Lead the development and delivery of an annual contemporary arts weekend and Scots language and literature weekend including recruiting authors, artists, performers, community groups, and planning a rich programme of events across Culture Perth and Kinross venues.
• Build and maintain relationships with performers, partners, and creative practitioners across Perth and Kinross, Tayside, Scotland, and beyond.
• Lead and manage effectively the Events team to ensure teamwork, communication, planning and execution of events.
• Recruit a pool of volunteers to support event delivery.
• Oversee relevant budgets, event pricing, ticketing, fundraising applications, and other income generating activities related to events.
• Work closely with colleagues across other teams including Marketing, Learning and Engagement, Exhibitions, Library Services, and Operations to ensure effective planning, promotion, and delivery of events.
• Oversee completion event and operational plans, and risk assessments.
• Ensure monitoring and evaluation of events is planned, collected, analysed, reported on, and shared for internal improvement purposes, stakeholders and external funders.
• Provide progress and other reports to managers as required.
• Undertake any risk assessment and health and safety activity required to support public and employee safety.
• Represent and promote the work of Culture Perth and Kinross outside the organisation and undertake any other duties as reasonably required.
Some evening and weekend work will be required for this post.
This job description is not all encompassing. Over time the emphasis of the job may change without changing the general character of the job. Your duties may be reviewed from time to time and revised and updated in consultation with you to reflect appropriate changes.
➢ Experience of overseeing the development and delivery of a public events programme, particularly in a creative, artistic, cultural, or heritage context
➢ Experience sourcing and managing freelance creative practitioners, speakers, artists, performers, authors, or similar
➢ Interest in and sound understanding of the events industry across Scotland and/or the UK
➢ Exemplary leadership skills and experience managing staff and/or volunteers
➢ Excellent oral and written communication skills
➢ Good understanding of health and safety and risk management of public events
➢ Experience of managing event budgets
➢ Excellent understanding of ticket pricing and income generating strategies
➢ Commitment to social justice in all its forms
➢ Demonstrable understanding of excellent customer service
➢ Excellent administrative, project management, and organisational skills
➢ Understanding of best practice in terms of inclusive and fully-accessible events
➢ Experience delivering events across multiple venues and sites
➢ Understanding of sustainable or ‘green’ event planning and delivery
➢ Understanding of evaluation methodologies and reporting
➢ Valid UK Driving License (to support transport of event items between venues)
➢ Personal Alcohol License
Application Deadline: Tuesday 22/08/2023