Customer Service Assistant
Organisation: Waverley Excursions
Waverley Excursions Ltd., operators of Paddle Steamer Waverley – the World’s last seagoing paddle steamer, is seeking to appoint a Customer Service Assistant as Waverley returns to service in 2023 to work within the company’s booking office delivering a high standard of customer service.
The Customer Service Assistant will work closely with the Assistant General Manager and Booking Office Manager to ensure the smooth operation of the passenger business.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to gain wider experience. You should be well organised, have good people skills, be flexible with an ability to rise to the challenge when the unexpected happens.
This position is based in Glasgow though attendance on board Waverley may be required. This is a unique role working with the dedicated team who manage and operate Waverley. Everyone in the team helps in whatever capacity necessary to ensure that the demands of the business are met. Flexibility and commitment are essential for this role.
Please send your CV along with a cover letter demonstrating your experience and suitability to firstname.lastname@example.org
To work within the company’s booking office, ensuring high standards of customer service and support the Assistant General Manager and Booking Office Manager in delivering a high standard onboard service.
• Educated to a high standard
• Self-motivated with strong organisational and prioritisation skills
• Excellent communication skills, able to write in an engaging manner to suit a variety of audiences
• Ability to manage own workload and multitask
• Ability to work flexibly as a team player in a busy environment
• Ability to process and interpret complex information
• Prepared to learn new skills and assist within other areas of the business
• Competent in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Teams
• Process bookings via telephone, online or mail efficiently.
• Ensure tickets are dispatched in a timely manner.
• Respond to customer enquiries by telephone and or email
• Ensuring customer satisfaction and dealing appropriately with customer feedback
• Administration relating to our membership scheme Friends of Waverley including recording data accurately and sending acknowledgements.
• Dispatching Gift Vouchers and Shop orders in a timely manner.
• Any other duties required by the Assistant General Manager and Booking Office Manager
• Work onboard in a commercial role if required and practicable
Hours of Work:
Summer: Monday to Friday 8.30am until 5.30pm with occasional weekend & evening required.
Remuneration: £10.50 per hour.
Application Deadline: Friday 21/04/2023