Deputy Operations Manager - Fife Public Sector Charitable Trust
Organisation: Eden Scott
Salary: Up to £37,500
Eden Scott is delighted to be working with an ambitious Public Sector Charitable Trust to recruit a Deputy Operations Manager.
The Trust is Fife’s largest cultural organisation, they specialise in making jaws drop, hearts warm, eyes light up and imaginations run wild. They work with a huge range of partners, artists and creatives and their spaces are some of Fife’s favourite places. A leadership oriented organisation, they’re built on strong values, and those values make them who they are – Fearless, Inviting, Fair and Exciting.
As part of their ongoing commitment to welcome communities back into their spaces they’re wanting to add to their team and help them to deliver on their ambitious plans for the future.
This new role of Deputy Operations Manager will be responsible for the management and development of staff and services at 29 library facilties and will play a pivotal part in helping lead the Trust through an extensive Recovery & Renewal Strategy that they’re shaping up, not only in response to the covid pandemic, but also in the recognition that their libraries need to continuously evolve.
This post will directly line manage 7 cluster/areas across Fife, accounting for 25 libraries with a further 4 libraries sitting within their Venues; with which you’d closely collaborate.
You’ll work very closely with their other Deputy Operations Manager who will take the lead on their Venues, Theatres and Heritage sites, and you’ll liaise directly with their Creative Development Team to ensure that they’re: living their values; well governed; forward looking and relevant and trusted by their communities.
Being part of their Operations Team means delivering a great overall service experience to their communities. There’s a lot of day-to-day management and leadership but it’s equally about working collaboratively with colleagues. The role holder will embrace an equitable and co-ordinated approach to service delivery and development and the successful candidate will be a key member of their Senior Management Team, demonstrating the vision, empathy and agility to contribute at the highest level.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities include:
• Provide leadership, support and coaching to Cluster Supervisors regarding the management and operation of the facilities.
• To support the reshaping of how they deliver front line services in line with changing customer behaviour needs, by collaborating and developing options and plans to modernise and realise a valued and enhanced service to their communities.
• Implement the organisation’s Health and Safety policies and ensure that all staff across the sites are well trained on all procedures.
• Assist with the implementation of corporate initiatives including the management and delivery of major projects.
• Contributing to the overall operational strategy of the organisation as part of the Operations Team.
• Developing specific proposals and ideas to improve the pace and nature of change within the sites and to support managers across the venues to share good ideas to implement best practice.
• Seek and support continuous improvement recognising and rewarding performance and encouraging innovation
• Contribute to, and deliver against, the Trusts strategic objectives and associated strategies, eg business plan, financial plan, customer services plan, communications plan.
Key skills and experience required:
Applying candidates should have a CV that details:
• Excellent leadership skills with the ability to motivate others.
• Operational management within a multifaceted customer focussed organisation where experience has been gained developing and maintaining effective relationships and partnerships internally and externally.
• Experience of financial and business planning and budget management
This is a truly unique and exciting opportunity for the right person to join the Trust as they develop their team and welcome communities back into their spaces.
This role will be based in Kirkcaldy and the post holder will be required to travel throughout Fife, applicants must have a driving licence and their own car.
Salary up to £37,500 dependant on experience, benefits include a local government pension, death in service, generous holiday entitlement of 32 days and flexible working.
Eden Scott is dealing exclusively with this client on this vacancy so please submit your CV on line or to firstname.lastname@example.org Sally Rae 0131 550 1138
Application Deadline: Sunday 14/11/2021