Destination Team Leader
Organisation: Caledonian Canal Centre
Salary: £19732.00 plus allowances
Location: PH32 4BA
Scottish Canals is looking for a Team Leader for the Caledonian Canal Centre in Fort Augustus. The Team Leader will help lead our team of destination assistants and housekeepers to ensure the best possible customer service is provided to visitors at the centre.
Our Team Leaders are expected to provide high-quality service to customers, including being the first point of contact for complaints and queries, allocating duties, giving direction, and maintaining a professional and engaging environment.
As well as a competitive salary, Scottish Canals also offers a generous annual leave entitlement of 34 days rising to 39 after 5 years (inc. public holidays), along with enhanced company sick pay, discounted shopping vouchers, and a contributory pension scheme with up to a 10% employer contribution.
Main responsibilities of the role will include:
• Ordering of stock & Stock Taking/Recording and management of retail supplier relationships
• Ordering cleaning materials and consumables
• Processing of Lock Chambers bookings/cancellations together with general administration relating to Lock Chambers
• Responsibility for retail stock including: management of biannual stocktake, weekly/monthly stock checks/reports and audits of losses due to damages, theft, etc.
• Leading a multi-disciplinary team
• Ensuring high standards of customer service
• Engaging visitors and encouraging repeat visits
• Ensuring food hygiene and health and safety regulations are followed
• Training of peers
• Participating in the Shift Leader rota
Skills and experience required:
• Proven experience in a fast-paced visitor environment
• Proven experience in a customer facing role within leisure or customer service environment
• Experience in a direct sales environment
• Flexible approach to the role
• Ability to co-operate with and support colleagues
• Use of initiative in applying and maintaining high levels of customer service
• Keeping brand standards at highest level
• Strong communication skills
• Computer literate
• Keen to work across various disciplines
• Good time management and organisational skills
Application Deadline: Friday 11/06/2021