Development Officer - fixed term 8 months full time
Organisation: National Museums Scotland
Salary: £35,856 - £38,954 per annum
Location: National Museum of Scotland - Chambers Street
Are you enthusiastic, organised and creative with excellent communication skills? Our successful Development team are looking for individuals who can put our Members, and their experience, at the heart of their work to develop our offer at National Museums Scotland.
You must have relevant experience in a Membership, marketing, fundraising or charity environment. You will have been involved in writing and editing creative fundraising or marketing materials; devising, organising, planning and delivering high-quality creative content, events and experiences. You should also have experience of Raiser’s Edge, Tessitura or a similar CRM system, and you will have experience of utilising data to inform projects. Ideally you will also have managed tenders and dealt with contracted agencies, have experience of writing for the web and of achieving results with the support of volunteers. Knowledge of the legislation pertaining to fundraising would also be useful.
Benefits of joining us as our Development Officer (Membership) will include:
• Civil Service Pension
• Generous annual leave 28.5 days as well as an additional 8 days public holidays
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Free access to national (and international) museums and exhibitions
• Exclusive discounts on both local and national High Street and online retailers
• Access to all the above and more from day one of employment.
As Development Officer (Membership) at National Museums Scotland you will:
Help to ensure long-term fundraising success for National Museums Scotland by working across the Development team to help retain, steward and recruit Members.
Specifically, you will:
• Deliver enhanced high-quality engagement for museum Members through the creation, development and realisation of new benefits, content, experiences and events.
• Explore and propose ways to reduce our Membership scheme’s carbon impact, including but not limited to the creation of a new Digital Membership product.
• Deliver and support campaigns, materials, and promotions for recruiting new Members, and attracting further donations.
Hiring the right person for the right job is everything to us. We want to encourage you to apply if you think this is the role for you.
Application Deadline: Sunday 07/01/2024