Development Officer - Individual Giving
Organisation: The Royal Zoological Society of Scotland
Salary: Salary Range: £23,748 - £28,314 Per Annum
Location: Edinburgh Zoo
To join a successful team to expand individual giving programmes in support of RZSS’ vision and mission at an exciting time of growth and expansion. This will include digital fundraising, recruiting and stewarding donors, managing donations and initiating compelling appeals.
This is a full time permanent role, where the working hours are 37.5 hours per week.
Some of the things you’ll do
* Work with the Development Manager to develop the RZSS donation programme, organising collateral, sourcing material, proofing creative copy and artwork and monitoring fulfilment.
* Take the lead on activities to promote donations across all relevant platforms, including digital fundraising campaigns, videos, crowdfunding, events and direct mail.
* Work with the Development Manager to support and grow the RZSS Patrons scheme, initiating recruitment marketing through relevant platforms and channels and taking responsibility for events, renewals and accurate record keeping.
* Plan, deliver and manage activities to promote Gifts in Wills to existing supporters and external audiences through a variety of media channels which may include online, videos, direct mail and internal communications, and assist with Gift in Wills administration, including responding to legacy enquiries, corresponding with executors and thanking legacy gifts.
* Manage and develop the RZSS in-memoriam scheme in conjunction with other teams.
* Deliver effective donor stewardship, providing first-class customer service by acting as first point of contact for incoming enquiries and in compliance with the Fundraising
* Code of Practice and Development Strategy.
What we’re looking for
* You’ll be educated to degree-level or hold equivalent experience
* CIOF Certificate of Fundraising or equivalent experience/qualification
* Knowledge of donor cultivation and stewardship principles
* Demonstrate a good understanding of the external fundraising environment in Scotland
* Ability to build and maintain effective relationships, e.g. working with senior level managers to deliver cultivation activity and managing prospect lists
* Understanding of digital platforms and direct marketing
For details on how to apply and further information on what the role involves and essential/desirable criteria – please visit the RZSS Job Opportunities page.
We offer a range of great benefits which can be found at www.rzss.org.uk/about-rzss/staff-benefits
Application Deadline: Friday 12/11/2021