Donor Development Manager
Organisation: Dynamic Earth
Salary: £37,500 - £40,000
ABOUT DYNAMIC EARTH
Dynamic Earth is the leading earth science engagement charity in the UK, with a mission to empower people with an understanding and empathy for the Earth and its future. We do this by providing compelling engagement at our world-class Science Centre in Edinburgh, as well as through our learning and engagement programmes across Scotland. We recently published a bold new 10-year strategy – From Beginning to Mend – along with a powerful new brand, to help us reach more people and to embed climate change across everything we do.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
It is an exciting time to join the Dynamic Earth fundraising team and be part of telling our epic story to achieve our vision of a positive future for us and our planet. This role is key to delivering our fundraising strategy to increase income and our supporter base, in advance of capital fundraising to reimagine the Dynamic Earth Science Centre and exhibition within the next 3 to 5 years.
We are seeking a proactive, energetic and enthusiastic fundraiser, who will drive growth and manage individual giving, focusing on our Patrons programme and Major Donors, to maximise unrestricted and restricted income and supporter engagement.
1. Understand our strategic priorities and funding needs, including core funding, projects and capital expenditure; to develop individual giving products and write compelling fundraising proposals, campaigns, materials and case studies to secure donations and support.
2. Identify and research major donor prospects who have an affinity with our work and projects to develop and maintain a robust prospect pipeline of Patrons, Regular Givers and Major Donors to support our core work and projects.
3. Create and manage a rolling programme of approaches to new and existing supporters, by scheduling meetings and making high-value asks to recruit Patrons, regular high-level gifts and one-off major donations to meet annual targets and secure a robust pipeline of future funding pledges.
4. Cultivate and manage a growing portfolio of high-value supporters, by providing excellent stewardship and relationship management to maximise income generation. Provide updates to donors through regular meetings and visits in order to retain long-term continued support. Lead on engagement events to support donor recruitment and retention.
5. Promote Dynamic Earth’s charitable purpose and gain recognition for the impact made by our work with internal and external stakeholders by attending networking events, delivering presentations and providing content for our marketing and communication needs.
6. Build strong internal relationships with relevant stakeholders to ensure high value supporters are managed appropriately and effectively, as well as providing professional funding advice and support to senior colleagues to ensure relationships are supported at the highest level.
7. Provide regular performance updates and reports to the Director of Fundraising and Marketing, and contribute to fundraising strategy development, the fundraising committee, annual plans, budgets and other fundraising duties as required.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES
• 3 years relevant experience in a similar role, ideally working with high-value donors, members or patrons.
• Be able to demonstrate previous success in securing high-level donations to meet targets.
• Exceptional verbal and written communicator, with the ability to excite and inspire.
• Ability to network and connect with different people to influence and negotiate support.
• Well organised with excellent attention to detail and ability to prioritise workload.
• Self-motivated and confident to work with autonomy.
• Financially literate with a good knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and CRMs.
• Experience of growing membership/patron programmes, managing regular giving and delivering quality engagement experiences.
• Understanding of fundraising practice and trends within the individual giving market.
• Understanding of pipeline management to grow major giving.
• Knowledge of fundraising procedures and record keeping in line with the Code of Fundraising practice, charity legislation, Gift Aid and GDPR.
• A professional or personal interest in science, earth science and environmental issues.
• An empathy for what Dynamic Earth exists to deliver.
• 34 days annual leave (which includes 9 bank holidays)
• Complimentary entry to Dynamic Earth for family and friends
• Free staff car-parking
• 25% Discount in the Dynamic Earth Gift Shop
• Subsidised meals from the Dynamic Earth Café
• Staff Canteen with complimentary tea and coffee
• Free entry to ASVA member visitor attractions (subject to conditions)
• Limited Gym Membership at MacDonald Holyrood Hotel (subject to conditions)
• Employee Values Awards
• Matched company pension contribution of 5%
• Confidential advice-line through our Employee Assistance Programme
• Life Assurance cover of 4 times annual salary
• Up to 3 years Critical Illness cover
To apply for this position, please visit https://awsexecutive.com/vacanciesdynamicearth/
Application Deadline: Monday 29/01/2024