Driver and Tidy Team Assistant
Organisation: Almond Valley Heritage Centre
Salary: National Living Wage
OVERVIEW OF THE POST
To provide a wide-range of services to support Almond Valley and also its visitors. The role is made up of three parts, one is to ensure that the site rides (train and tractor) operate to the advertised timetables; two is to ensure the cleanliness of the site is maintained; and three is to provide basic maintenance support to the maintenance team.
Due to the nature of this role the successful candidate needs to be over the age of 21 and hold a valid full UK driving license.
INFORMATION ABOUT TEAM
You will form part of the Visitor Operations Team, lead by the Operations Manager. The small dedicated tidy team team is made up of three team members, who work in shifts to ensure the cleanliness of the site, this team operates the rides on site. This role also works closely with the Facilities Manager, who ensures the maintenance and landscaping of the site is completed.
SCOPE OF DUTIES
Key Responsibilities, Duties and Objectives
Customer Experience & Ride
• To open and close the various play areas and rides around the site, ensuring they are safe for the visitors to operate and the site is left secure at night.
• Meeting customers face to face and answering their questions
• Advising customer of routes around the site
• Board passengers onto the tractor and trailer and the train rides
• Drive the narrow gauge train and the tractor and trailer on a dedicated route around the site.
• To carry out appropriate cleaning of areas as directed by the Operations Manager
• Housekeeping, maintaining public and retail areas are suitable tidy, including toilets, hand wash stations and play areas.
• To take responsibility for the removal of rubbish from the site litter bins on a regular basis and to litter pick and remove any items of rubbish left on site.
• To carry out planned necessary maintenance of areas as directed by either the Operations Manager or Facilities Manager
• Carry our appropriate general repairs, and maintenance of areas as requested by Management
Health and Safety
• To ensure that the Railway Handbook is followed while operating on the train or tracks
• To follow practices and procedures while operating the tractor and tailor.
• To carry out daily and weekly compliance checks on play equipment around the site.
• While undertaking the maintenance tasks, procedures are followed relating to the task being carried out.
• To ensure site meets with Health and Safety legislation in liaison with the Operations Manager.
• Work in a responsible and safe manner at all times adhering to Health & Safety, safe working practices and our policies and procedures.
• To comply with necessary Health and Safety guides and procedures
• Report all instances of damage and wear and tear issues promptly to the Operations Manager
• As and where necessary to wearing the correct uniform, name badge, or PPE.
• Working harmony with all other departments
• Represent Almond Valley at all times by being smart in appearance and presentable whilst behaving in an appropriate manner in line with our cultural values.
• Such other reasonable duties as and when required by your Line Manager.
• The above list of duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the role.
Application Deadline: Wednesday 14/02/2024