Driver Skilled Labourer
Organisation: The Royal Zoological Society of Scotland
Salary: Salary Range: £21,785 - £23,134 Per Annum
1 x Full time permanent
2 x 6 months fixed term
To carry out, to completion, property maintenance related tasks (multi trade) to agreed timescales, quality standards and in a cost-effective manner; undertaking designated activities (trade specific) in managing the build and maintenance of all buildings, facilities and infrastructure owned by the RZSS. Ensure that all areas of the site are safe and well presented for our visitors in support of RZSS’ mission and vision.
Some of the things you’ll do:
* Work under the direction of more senior tradesperson to take the day to day lead on designated activities (trade specific) to ensure all assigned repairs, projects and reactive labouring and driving tasks are delivered effectively, on time and to agreed H&S and quality standards.
* Undertake all forms of general labouring works, e.g. planning general works and multi trade repairs (that don’t require an experienced tradesperson to complete) and repairs under the direction of appropriately qualified tradesperson.
* Support the construction and maintenance of new buildings, facilities and infrastructure to agreed standards, budgets and deadlines, including smaller multi trade repairs or works, e.g plant, equipment and labouring tasks.
* Drive company vehicles including pickup truck, off road ATV and fork lift truck and ensure maintained and road worthy and reporting repairs where required.
* Operate heavy plant on a regular basis and ensure all machinery and tools are cleaned, inspected, maintained and user logbook updated daily to agreed transport and other policy standards and procedures and ensure all pre-start check sheets are completed as required
* Assist in the ordering of supplies and services required for the team.
What we are looking for
* Relevant construction qualification, or minimal 2 years’ experience of working on a hands on construction/maintenance role.
* You’ll have a full driving licence.
* Able to identify and make safe (for self, colleagues and the public) all the utilities and services encountered whilst working on RZSS sites.
Shortlisting of applications and interviews for this position will take place while the advert is live; the advert will close once a successful candidate has been found. Interested candidates are therefore encouraged to submit applications as quickly as possible.
Please see the role profile for further information on what the role involves and essential/desirable criteria.
We offer a range of great benefits which can be found at www.rzss.org.uk/about-rzss/staff-benefits
Application Deadline: Monday 19/06/2023