Event Sales Manager
Organisation: Eden Scott
Eden Scott is delighted to be working exclusively with one of Edinburgh’s unique venues and visitor attractions.
As one of the leading conference and gala dinner venues in Edinburgh, the venue attracts visitors from all over the world to prestigious business meetings, gala dinners, weddings and other innovative corporate functions in Scotland’s iconic capital.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team as Event Sales Manager on a 12-month fixed term contract.
This role will join the Events Department and lead the team on growing the business. The Event Sales Manager will plan and lead sales activity within the department to deliver sales targets throughout the year. This is a key role within the organisation with responsibility for delivering one of the main income streams for the business.
Key responsibilities of the role:
• Work with the Commercial Director to ensure that all financial targets are met or exceeded
• Create and implement the Venue’s Sales strategy to achieve and exceed forecasted figures in Conferences, Meetings, Weddings, Gala Diners and other prestige events
• Research, identify and actively approach companies and organisations that have the capacity to book an event within the venue
• Ensure the team are motivated and focused on converting every sale
• Establish and maintain effective and positive relationships in the team and other departments
• Work with other venues and agencies to build and maintain business relationships
• Work closely with the Events Manager to coordinate activities of the wider Events Team to ensure:
• Excellent customer service is maintained throughout the process
• The team are working to maximise sales activities
• Efficient use of staff cover within the department
• Ensure the team remain sales focussed and motivated at all times
• Review and analyse the weekly and monthly reports highlighting any differences between actual and forecast sales
• Ensure competitor analysis is carried out regularly, and ensuring the team are aware of competitors and their facilities
• Organise and participate in client sales and hospitality events
Key skills and experience required:
• We are seeking candidates who have experience in a similar event sales environment in a large venue or hotel.
• Experience in managing a sales process & team would be highly desirable
This role offers an excellent competitive salary plus significant company benefits including Hybrid working, 34 days holiday per year and many more health & wellbeing and lifestyle benefits.
Eden Scott are dealing exclusively with our client on this vacancy so to be considered for this exciting opportunity with a truly unique and best in class employer in a stunning venue, please submit your CV online or call Sally on 07776 662506
Application Deadline: Monday 21/03/2022