Organisation: The Tall Ship Glenlee
Location: Glasgow G3 8RS
30hrs per week based at The Tall Ship Glenlee, Glasgow.
The Tall Ship Glenlee Built in 1896 is a former merchant sailing vessel and the last remaining 3 masted Clydebuilt ship still afloat in the UK. The mission of the Clyde Maritime Trust is to care for the Glenlee and share the history of ships built on the Clyde for the benefit of all to enjoy and learn through its unique maritime heritage.
· Provide a welcoming first contact with clients and provide information.
· Manage events diary effectively to ensure maximum sales opportunities can be achieved.
· Conduct professional show round meetings to ascertain client requirements while demonstrating knowledge of the ship as a venue in a positive and enthusiastic manner.
· Develop and maintain strong client relationships from the first point of contact through to event delivery to ensure needs are fulfilled.
· Negotiation with clients’ contractors to deliver the maximum revenue and number of events within the constraints of costs and budget.
· Administration of event bookings including sending information and contracts to clients.
· Liaise with finance department to ensure invoices are issues and payments are received.
· Circulation of event running orders to staff team detailing all aspects of event activities such as delivery details, entertainment, catering, equipment, and de-rig requirements.
· Health & Safety – ensuring documentation is provided by caterers and suppliers including insurance, risk assessments, PAT testing, and HACCP documentation where applicable.
· Revenue Generation via commercial enterprise such as in-house events
· Promote events and activities on social media in conjunction with other departments
· Budgeting & Forecasting, reporting on KPI’s, trends and analysis
· Suitable event management experience within a hospitality or tourism environment, including administration, sales and delivery of events
· Good communication, negotiation, and delegation skills
· Experience of working in a target-led sales environment
· Knowledge of and experience MS Office packages
· Ability to work independently and show initiative
· Good time management and prioritisation skills
· Demonstrable analytical and numerical skills
· Ability to advise and collaborate with colleagues and teams on financial management, budgeting and forecasting
· Problem-solving skills
The salary for this role will be £21,000 p/a on a 30hr basis – The Tall Ship is open Wed-Sun from Sept to May, and Mon-Sun June through August. This role will involve a varying pattern of work to support the business, including weekends and evenings.
Application Deadline: Sunday 28/08/2022