EVENTS & DUTY MANAGER
Organisation: Kingsbarns Distillery
Location: Kingsbarns, St Andrews
To increase the number of events at Kingsbarns Distillery and Darnley’s Gin Visitor Centre and increase revenue growth for these events. Run the daily operations in the Visitor Centre as a Duty Manager
• Taking charge of enquiries for events and turning them into bookings
• Streamlining the event booking process
• Generating a marketing plan for events together with the marketing team
• Running of events, ensuring the highest standards are delivered
• Manage relationships with local tourism and membership organisations including attending meetings and networking events. Promote site visibility (events) in local area.
• Be on-site for any show-rounds, familiarisation trips and site inspections.
• Work with industry bodies such as VisitScotland, Fife Council, and Dundee Convention Bureau to promote the distillery, especially on Familiarisation Trips and site inspections.
• Promote Whisky & Food Pairing dinners at the distillery with golf tour operators, destination management companies and corporates.
• Promote off-site tasting to accommodation suppliers and other local attractions, golf clubs and societies.
• Dealing with general enquiries (phone/email/in person)
• Supervising the tour/café team in daily operations
• Dealing/delegating with sample/ecommerce orders
• Booking and planning in tours
Required Skills and Experience:
• Event Management
• Self-starter and pro-active approach
• Customer experience orientated
• Confident in general IT (presentational skills, spreadsheet experience, booking systems, accounting software)
• At least three years work experience in a hospitality, events, tourism and/or sales role
• Knowledge and understanding of Scotch Whisky and Gin
• Driving Licence essential for external meetings and events.
Application Deadline: Monday 20/03/2023