Organisation: The Royal Yacht Britannia
Salary: Depending on experience
Duration: 1 year
Pay: Depending on experience
Once home to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, The Royal Yacht Britannia is now one of the most luxurious events venues in the world where guests will experience the ‘event of a lifetime’. Exclusive dinners for up to 196 guests or drinks receptions for up to 450 can be hosted in the impressive State Apartments and stunning Royal Deck. Whatever the event, Britannia is the perfect setting for a wide range of exclusive evening events, including product launches, gala dinners, staff incentives, and receptions. Each event is bespoke and made to suit our client needs.
An exciting new addition to our portfolio has been the launch of Fingal, Scotland’s first floating hotel. A £3.5 million investment by the Royal Yacht Britannia’s trading company, Royal Yacht Enterprises, saw the opening of Fingal, a former Northern Lighthouse Board ship. Providing the ultimate in luxury, this iconic ship, berthed in the historic Port of Leith, includes 22 beautifully styled cabins, all named after Stevenson lighthouses, where guests are able to choose from their own private balcony, a duplex cabin or, for that special occasion the stunning presidential suite.
Fingal has provided another events venue for the city. The spectacular ballroom seats 60 guests and features a retractable skylight, a Minstrel’s Gallery and our Ballroom complete with sweeping staircases, is overlooked by our Gallery Bar – making Fingal the perfect space for brand and product launches, private celebrations and weddings.
As our Events Manager you will have in-depth knowledge of the luxury 5-star market and have a well-proven track record of successful selling and managing high profile events. You will have experience in researching, planning and conducting on-site meetings with a highly effective and proactive approach. Since you will often be the first point of contact for any client, you will be a confident, dynamic self-starter, creative and well-presented. Delivering excellent customer service, you will hold a genuine passion for delivery, these will be essential in everything that you do throughout the event cycle.
Company benefits include:
– 10% employer pension contribution (no employee contribution).
– 6.6 weeks/33 days pro-rata, annual holiday entitlement (one week/5 days pro-rata more than statutory minimum).
– Up to one week/5 days pro-rata, long service holiday entitlement.
– Life Assurance.
– Employee Assistance Programme.
– Complimentary tickets.
– Staff discount in the Britannia Gift Shop, Royal Deck Tea Room and The Lighthouse Restaurant & Bar aboard Fingal.
– Free car parking.
– Help with the processing of enquiries for both Fingal & The Royal Yacht Britannia – efficiently and promptly to maximise conversion to confirmed business.
– Manage approximately 70 events per annum, working with the client to produce a detailed and comprehensive event utilising the venue and client’s budget to its full potential.
– To encourage and gain client information to generate new and repeat business.
– Co-ordinate and host site visits and familiarisation trips on board Britannia & Fingal with the support of the Head of Sales & Events and Marketing Team where necessary.
– Maximise event upsell for both The Royal Yacht Britannia & Fingal throughout the event planning.
The ideal candidate will have the following key skills and attributes:
– In-depth experience of sales/events in a 5-star or luxury business.
– Proven track record in managing high profile events.
– Excellent presentation and networking skills.
– A positive, can-do attitude that inspires those around you to perform to the best of their ability.
– A professional appearance and personality, whilst still being friendly and approachable.
– Ability to communicate at all levels building internal relationships to gain greater -product knowledge and understanding of each role to obtain complete support for each event.
Core hours of work are Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm, however due to the nature of this position some weekend and evening working will be required, and time in lieu will be given.
If you feel you have the personality, skills and experience we are looking for then we would love to hear from you.
Please send your CV and a covering letter outlining why you feel you would be suitable for the role of an Events Manager to: firstname.lastname@example.org or postal applications to:
Head of Sales & Events
The Royal Yacht Britannia & Fingal
No agencies please.