Organisation: The Royal Yacht Britannia
Salary: £9.79 per hour
The Royal Yacht Britannia is an award-winning, five-star visitor attraction and exclusive evening events venue in Edinburgh, which employs more than 160 staff. This former floating palace of Her Majesty The Queen, usually attracts circa 350,000 visitors a year from around the world, and would normally host circa 100 exclusive evening events per annum.
Led by Chief Executive, Bob Downie, Britannia provides an exceptional experience for visitors. This dedication to excellence has led to the Royal Yacht being rated as Best UK Attraction (Which? Magazine) and Scotland’s Best Visitor Attraction for 13 years running. Britannia is also TripAdvisor’s Travellers’ Choice Best of the Best award winner, and in the top 1% in the world in its category.
Our Visitor Experience department is dedicated to ensuring that visitors receive the highest level of customer experience possible and we are looking for a Facilities Officer to join the team.
Working with the Senior Facilities Officer and reporting directly to the Visitor Experience Managers, key responsibilities will include:
– Receiving and dealing with deliveries.
– Exterior cleaning and weeding.
– Basic maintenance/DIY tasks.
– Caring for planters and hanging baskets.
– Valeting, charging and driving company vehicles.
The ideal candidate will enjoy a varied role and be committed to delivering high standards in a fast-paced environment.
Company benefits include:
– 33 days pro-rata annual holiday entitlement.
– Enhanced long service holiday entitlement.
– Generous company pension.
– Life Assurance.
– Performance and loyalty payment scheme.
– Complimentary tickets to The Royal Yacht Britannia.
– Staff discount in the Royal Deck Tea Room, Britannia Gift Shop and The Lighthouse Restaurant & Bar aboard Fingal.
– Excellent Pension Scheme.
– Free car parking at The Royal Yacht Britannia.
If you feel you have the personality, skills and experience we are looking for, then we would love to hear from you.
Please send your CV and a covering letter outlining why you feel you would be suitable for the role of Facilities Officer to: firstname.lastname@example.org or postal applications to:
Visitor Experience Manager
The Royal Yacht Britannia
Closing date: 28 February 2022
No agencies please.
Application Deadline: Monday 28/02/2022