Organisation: The Royal Yacht Britannia
Salary: £11.50 per hour
Hours: Part-Time and Full-Time hours available, to include Saturday and Sunday working
Pay: £11.50 per hour
The Royal Yacht Britannia is an award-winning, five-star visitor attraction and exclusive evening events venue in Edinburgh, which employs more than 160 staff. This former floating palace of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, usually attracts circa 350,000 visitors a year from around the world, and would normally host circa 100 exclusive evening events per annum.
Britannia provides an exceptional experience for visitors. This dedication to excellence has led to the Royal Yacht being rated as Best UK Attraction (Which Magazine readers). Britannia is also Tripadvisor’s Travellers’ Choice Best of the Best award winner, and in the top 1% in the world in its category.
Our Visitor Experience department is dedicated to ensuring that visitors receive the highest level of customer experience possible and we are looking for a Facilities Officer to join the team.
Working with the Senior Facilities Officer and reporting directly to the Visitor Experience Managers, key responsibilities will include:
– Receiving and dealing with deliveries
– Exterior cleaning and weeding
– Basic maintenance/DIY tasks
– Caring for planters and hanging baskets
– Valeting, charging and driving company vehicles
– The ideal candidate will enjoy a varied role and be committed to delivering high standards in a fast-paced environment.
Company benefits include:
– 10% employer pension contribution (no employee contribution)
– 33 days pro-rata annual holiday entitlement
– Life Assurance
– Complimentary tickets
– Staff discount in the Gift Shop, Royal Deck Tea Room & The Lighthouse Restaurant & Bar aboard Fingal
– Free car parking for staff
If you feel you have the personality, skills and experience we are looking for, then we would love to hear from you.
Please send your CV outlining why you feel you would be suitable for the role of Facilities Officer to: email@example.com or postal applications to:
Visitor Experience Manager
The Royal Yacht Britannia
Closing date: Ongoing
No agencies please.
Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates. If you have been selected for interview you will be contacted directly.
Application Deadline: Tuesday 28/02/2023