Organisation: Scottish Canals
Salary: From £23,000
Location: Glasgow or Falkirk
Scottish Canals is an innovative, forward-thinking organisation dedicated to safeguarding a crucial part of Scotland’s heritage whilst stimulating business growth, job creation and income generation by helping to create stronger communities, attract new customers and income and working with and through empowered and motivated people.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Assistant to join our team. The Finance Assistant is required to work within the Finance Team of 13, to deliver a high standard of financial service to our business units, whilst ensuring all financial deadlines are met and standards maintained. The focus of this role within the Finance Team is to manage income maximisation services through billing, customer management and recovery of outstanding debt, whilst supporting where required other members of the team.
• Set up new customer accounts and maintain existing account details within the accounts receivable ledgers.
• Processing accounts receivable invoices, contacting customers regarding the status of overdue payments and the status of outstanding invoices.
• Providing a high level of customer satisfaction managing in house and customer enquiries through email and telephone.
• Creating, maintaining, and cancelling Direct Debits
• Take over-the-phone card payments from customers.
• Credit Control using Credit Hound and supporting debt recovery partners.
• Preparing daily and monthly reconciliations and KPI reporting.
• Preparing reconciliations and providing supporting information to internal and external audit requests.
• Ad hoc project work as required.
• Achieve monthly and annual internal and external reporting timescales.
• Successful delivery of supporting financial evidence as required for audit and project related requests.
• Compliance with financial policy and procedure standards and scheme of delegation authorisation levels.
• Carrying out any other duties relevant to the post which may arise to ensure continuous service provision to the wider business.
Skills and Experience:
• Ability to work independently and to work well with others with good communication and teamworking skills.
• Excellent skills in maths and MS Excel, with proficiency in MS word required.
• Experience in accounting software, with SAGE accounting software being desirable not essential experience.
• The ability to handle large volumes of financial data with accuracy and attention to detail.
• Possess an understanding of reporting, recording and performance statistics.
• Excellent attitude and customer first service skills.
• The ability to manage competing priorities and have excellent organisational skills.
This is a permanent post based in Glasgow or Falkirk with hybrid working. The post holder is expected to hold a current UK driving licence.
Application Deadline: Friday 13/10/2023